Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dannie
    • By dannie 9th Jan 19, 9:50 AM
    • 1,875Posts
    • 4,415Thanks
    dannie
    Renewal of NHS exemption certificate delay.
    • 9th Jan 19, 9:50 AM
    Renewal of NHS exemption certificate delay. 9th Jan 19 at 9:50 AM
    Due to the above being either the fault of the GP surgery and/or the Business Service Authority, would it be possible to avoid future prescription charges, as the fault did not lie with the recipient ?

Thanks.
Page 2
    • dannie
    • By dannie 31st Jan 19, 1:28 PM
    • 1,875 Posts
    • 4,415 Thanks
    dannie
    Sorry for the delay. My "ordeal" ended, I hope, towards the end of last week when I received my medical exemption card (backdated one month). It took two and a half months approximately beginning to end.

The first FP92A sent was not seen as an "official" form by the Business Services Authority (B.S.A), apparently the second never reached them whereas the third (this time posted special delivery by myself) was received and accepted.

It took three trips to the GP surgery, approx. six telephone calls to the surgery and a total of ten emails to both departments.

Still unclear why this happened? However, whilst completing the third form, the GP receptionist pointed out a "format" difference in the newly received ones sent to them by the B.S.A. compared to their own stock. I am wondering whether this could have been a factor?

Thanks for all the assistance received on this thread.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,869Posts Today

6,276Users online

Martin's Twitter