Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • venomx
    • By venomx 11th Jan 19, 1:48 PM
    • 319Posts
    • 34Thanks
    venomx
    Ridiculous Energy Bill
    • 11th Jan 19, 1:48 PM
    Ridiculous Energy Bill 11th Jan 19 at 1:48 PM
    HI
    I left my old property last week, and just got a letter off scottish power saying:
    Your final electricity statement for 24 November 2018- 01 January 2019
    Your account balance/final statement : £346 ?!

" Please call us with meter readings so we can confirm your final balance "
    and then says its " estimated "

whats going on here ? I was living in a one bedroom apartment.
Page 2
    • venomx
    • By venomx 12th Jan 19, 4:03 PM
    • 319 Posts
    • 34 Thanks
    venomx
    Ok it makes more sense now, this is what they said on chat
    " Previous bill was generated on 26.11.2018 for the billing period 24.05.2018 to 23.11.2018. As per the bill you had an outstanding balance of £626.73. "
    • venomx
    • By venomx 12th Jan 19, 4:35 PM
    • 319 Posts
    • 34 Thanks
    venomx
    Sorry for the immature language I just got frustrated because im unemployed and don't have lots of money to throw around.
    From what i posted in my previous post the large sum dates back for the past 7 months where im guessing there was a problem with the payment or a problem with my advocates payments.

As soon as he's back i'll get in touch and hopefully resolve this.

The only positive is that once the £450 has been sent to them, its settled and the account will be closed.
    And in future i'll make sure this doesn't happen again.
    • MovingForwards
    • By MovingForwards 12th Jan 19, 4:45 PM
    • 976 Posts
    • 1,172 Thanks
    MovingForwards
    Keep giving them meter readings, check the bills to make sure they have used your readings and either pay in full quarterly or keep an eye on your monthly direct debit payments to ensure you don't get a huge bill in a few years.
    • venomx
    • By venomx 12th Jan 19, 6:34 PM
    • 319 Posts
    • 34 Thanks
    venomx
    I’ll get my advocate on the case, there must be a misunderstanding or error somewhere.
    New home, new start - and i’ll keep meter readings in this property !
    • lindens
    • By lindens 14th Jan 19, 7:08 AM
    • 2,377 Posts
    • 7,172 Thanks
    lindens
    Iíll get my advocate on the case, there must be a misunderstanding or error somewhere.
    New home, new start - and iíll keep meter readings in this property !
    Originally posted by venomx
    def a good habit to get into. Same with the water meter if you have one. Get an online account with all the suppliers and on the 1st of every month take all your meter readings and enter them online. That will make your bills completely accurate. Also make sure you set up direct debits and pay monthly
    You're not your * could have not of * Debt not dept *
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,684Posts Today

6,545Users online

Martin's Twitter