Add your feedback on energy supplier Together Energy

MSE_Andrew
MSE_Andrew Posts: 173
First Post First Anniversary Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
MSE Staff
edited 5 January 2021 at 2:57PM in Energy
This is a feedback thread on energy supplier
Together Energy

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
  • Did your switch go smoothly?
  • Have you had problems since?
  • Is it easy to contact?
The feedback comes as part of the
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Comments

• Absolutely appalling. No welcome back, no access to an online portal and they keep promising a call back and never do!
  • Absolutely terrible.
    You have to queue for absolutely ages to speak to them by phone (I have queued for 30+ minutes)
    They incorrectly increased my direct debit. I immediatly contacted them to correct this - they apologised and then still took the increased amount.
    I raised a complaint, they ignored it for over a week. I then phoned again and again, in the end I spoke to the complaints team who were a complete waste of time.
    Two weeks have now passed and the complaints team have still not fulfilled their promises.
    AVOID TOGETHER ENERGY AT ALL COSTS.
  • Ceciler
    Ceciler Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 22 January 2018 at 4:54PM
    Together EnergyTM - poor customer service
    Welcome back was great. No other communication. trying to set up the online account to is impossible.
    Called them so many times never had anyone picking up the line. Left 4 emails and only one called me but I was on the phone unable to pick up the line.
    All I want is some advice as I am unable to give any reading as electricity reading and gas reader digital screen are blank and ' old smart' reader does not help either.
  • Hoof_Hearted
    Hoof_Hearted Posts: 2,361
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Yes, it's completely shambolic. After a smooth transfer, six months on and no account, no bill, incorrect total of payments made. Absolutely, best avoided.
    Je suis sabot...
  • meherenow
    meherenow Posts: 127 Forumite
    Same as above.

I joined in summer 2017, all seemed well, I was willing to put up with the slow billing and they appeared helpful answering the phone quickly when I had a query about moving home.

Fast forward to December 2017, I gave them a final meter reading and asked them to take over the gas and electric at my new place.

They have NOT closed the old account down despite repeated requests and took an extra payment long after I had moved, had to cancel the direct debit in the end but I reckon they owe me £100 on the old account.

It would SEEM that they are supplying me in my new place but I have had no info at all about it to make sure I'm on the tariff I signed up for.

After phoning them (and waiting AN AGE on hold) and been promised a call back from an "account manager" that day to no avail, I've emailed them a few times about it, turned it into an official complaint and they haven't even had the good grace to even acknowledge me.

So I can see it will be off to the ombudsman to sort this out when the 8 weeks is up from my initial complaint.

A shame as I really did want to support a (local-ish) company, but in my experience I would avoid and I certainly will be off as soon as my contract is up...
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    meherenow wrote: »

It would SEEM that they are supplying me in my new place but I have had no info at all about it to make sure I'm on the tariff I signed up for.

You may know this already but, in respect of your house move, you should expect a bill from the Deemed Supplier to the new property. I assume that you called them with meter readings to avoid any potential problems?
  • meherenow
    meherenow Posts: 127 Forumite
    Hengus wrote: »
    You may know this already but, in respect of your house move, you should expect a bill from the Deemed Supplier to the new property. I assume that you called them with meter readings to avoid any potential problems?

Nope, not had ANY contact with the incumbent (British Gas supplying both at practically extortion rates originally - the house is a new build), however the smart meter stopped functioning on the day Together say they took over, so that gives me hope (and I await a bill for the few weeks from BG)- what I do have is photos of the meter and the reading visible with that day's newspaper in view should it come to a fuss.

I'm more concerned that the last bill I had from Together for my old property (electricity only) was an estimated one from 30th December 2017 even though I had clearly sent the final meter reading to them on 15th December, again with dated pictures of the meter and the reading visible (and had this confirmed when I managed to get through on the phone). And then they took a further payment in January for that account, leaving me approx £100 in credit!
  • robj20
    robj20 Posts: 22 Forumite
    edited 6 February 2018 at 8:06AM
    Terrible so far. Changed over in January, first payment has been taken. No meter reading have been requested nor can i enter them online (the online pages don't work at all). Not had a final bill from my previous supplier as again no meter readings taken.
    Sent multiple emails and had no replies to any of them, including some to the complaints address.

Not sure what to do really. Everywhere else is more expensive and the £60 leaving fee.

Edit: Took other peoples advice and just this minute switched to Bulb, they will pay the £60 leaving fee.
    Hope it goes smoothly, not looking forward to sorting the mess out with meter reading between switching to Together and switching again to Bulb.
  • sheeps68
    sheeps68 Posts: 670
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    :TWell it seems I am in the rare group of Together Energy customers in that I've had a great service and no problems. I have been with them 6 months now.
    My switch over went very smoothly from EDF and only issue was EDF not paying out my final rebate as I was owed money due to being in credit. Since then I have had no issues. I always get through on the phone quickly but will say they do not have extensive hours available. When I have made enquiries I have had very efficient responses and call backs exactly as they have stated so for now I am very happy as my energy costs have been reduced by £7 a month in a 1 bed flat. I was also on best available EDF Tariff as switched it each year.
  • Tell me, Sheeps, can you log on to your account online? It seems that they have major IT problems at the moment. I guess the back room staff are working with ledgers and quill pens until it's sorted.
    Je suis sabot...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure