Boots Sale

Options

Comments

• Figgi
    Figgi Posts: 280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Didn't Storck "sign off" from Boots updates last year? Think they said they no longer had the "insider info" or something like that. I don't know if Storck worked for Boots or they had a family member work for Boots.

Storck - if you're still on here please say hello.

No update to stores yet with confirmation of the date. :(
  • surfsister
    surfsister Posts: 7,527 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    BOOTS is set to launch its highly-anticipated 70 per cent off sale this Friday - and we can't wait.

Okay, so the retailer is yet to confirm the start date but traditionally the sale starts the fourth Friday after Christmas which is at the end of this week.

Boots is set to launch its annual mega sale any day now
    Get the best Money stories with our daily newsletter
    Your information will be used in accordance with our privacy policy

Boots is keeping details of the sale on the down low but we've taken a look at previous sales so that you can get an idea of what to expect.
    When is the Boots 70 per cent off sale?
    The mega sale has happened annually for the past four years and is expected to be unveiled within days.

It’s one of the retailer’s most successful sales and is designed to help banish those January blues. Also Tiger £2 sale today!

It’s one of the retailer’s most successful sales and is designed to help banish those January blues
    The sale is anticipated to launch on Friday, January 18, 2019 – although this hasn’t been confirmed yet.

Last year’s sale kicked off at the same time so we have our fingers crossed.
    What will be included in the mega discount bonanza?
    The sale is often made up of leftover Christmas stock, including beauty gift sets, rather than on everyday essentials like toiletries.
  • sampan26
    sampan26 Posts: 643 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    I popped in store this morning, and was told by the lady who is always friendly with me, that their area manager said it wasn't this week, and gave staff time off.
    It may be to throw us off the scent...!

Where is someone to post "Oh I walked past my local, and they'd started it a week early..." haha!

Hopefully someone does a reccy tonight, and the signs are up!!
  • Figgi
    Options
    sampan26 wrote: »
    I popped in store this morning, and was told by the lady who is always friendly with me, that their area manager said it wasn't this week, and gave staff time off.
    It may be to throw us off the scent...!

Where is someone to post "Oh I walked past my local, and they'd started it a week early..." haha!

Hopefully someone does a reccy tonight, and the signs are up!!

Still no update on the 70% sale. The bits on the clearance section are getting reduced again on Monday though
  • chez72
    Options
    it's not this week.
    we haven't been told ourselves yet :-/

employee
  • Figgi
    Options
    chez72 wrote: »
    it's not this week.
    we haven't been told ourselves yet :-/

employee

But the clearance stuff changes Monday
  • MSE_Rhiannon
    Options
    Hi guys - news just in, Boots press office has just confirmed that the sale won't be boosting tomorrow (Fri 18 Jan) but we still think it's coming soon. See here for more updates when we get them.
    Keeper of: Supermarket coupons, Birthday freebies, School holidays & Cheap perfume guides.
    Follow us on Twitter to grab the latest MSE Deals.
  • Figgi
    Options
    They have had to do that to stop people turning up and complaining. That already happened apparently on Wednesday in a lot of stores
  • Desperado99
    Desperado99 Posts: 1,195 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 17 January 2019 at 1:41PM
    Options
    They certainly like to keep us guessing........ I've never known it to be later than the 20th Jan.

I think they're going to have the same problem tomorrow Figgi, a lot of websites have guesstimated the 18th for a while. I really feel for the staff.
  • Figgi
    Options
    They certainly like to keep us guessing........ I've never known it to be later than the 20th Jan.

I think they're going to have the same problem tomorrow Figgi, a lot of websites have guesstimated the 18th for a while. I really feel for the staff.

Not helped by stores not being told it isn't tomorrow either.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure