Problems with Eon - and the switch hasn't even gone through yet!

Comments

• Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    littlewren wrote: »
    Thank you Malc, it's great having you on here to answer questions, you've been such a help :)

You're welcome littlewren. Helena and I are happy to help. :)

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    SeeMe wrote: »
    So its not a bad idea to give monthly meter readings then, i will probably do that.

Spot on SeeMe. We always encourage customers to give regular meter readings. It's a great way to build up an accurate picture of energy usage.

It's quick and easy to send them online through our website. If you've smart meters, these will send readings to us automatically once a month so you don't have to.

Many thanks for doing this SeeMe.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • littlewren
    littlewren Posts: 1,988 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Hi Malc,

Another query if you don't mind :)

I have had a letter from Eon this morning setting out the direct debit, it says payment amount is £0.00 I understand that's probably because things haven't been finalised with Scottish Power yet, but when I log in to Eon it says my monthly payment will be taken on the 1st Feb, for £24! I wish it was that amount but I have been paying around £60 to Scottish Power. I realise that it will sort it self out, but is there no way of increasing the amount of £24 to a more realistic figure, even for the first DD?
    Money, money, money, must be funny, in the rich man's World!
  • SeeMe
    SeeMe Posts: 343 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 15 January 2020 at 6:42PM
    Hi Malc,

I have had a letter from Eon this morning setting out the direct debit, it says payment amount is £0.00 I understand that's probably because things haven't been finalised with Scottish Power yet, but when I log in to Eon it says my monthly payment will be taken on the 1st Feb, for £24! I wish it was that amount but I have been paying around £60 to Scottish Power. I realise that it will sort it self out, but is there no way of increasing the amount of £24 to a more realistic figure, even for the first DD?

Carbon copy of my experience last week, on my online account it suggested i lower my DD to £8 per month, thats mad, no option to increase my DD online so i phoned up to increase the DD and it now shows up in my account to the figure i wanted. Only been with eon for just over 3 weeks
  • littlewren
    Carbon copy of my experience last week, on my online account it suggested i lower my DD to £8 per month, thats mad, no option to increase my DD online so i phoned up to increase the DD and it now shows up in my account to the figure i wanted. Only been with eon for just over 3 weeks

Thanks SeeMe, I'll have to do that, wish it was an 0800 number like Scottish Power.
  • SeeMe
    SeeMe Posts: 343 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Thanks SeeMe, I'll have to do that, wish it was an 0800 number like Scottish Power.

Also forgot to add i do have an option online now to increase the DD or decrease.
  • Gerry1
    Gerry1 Posts: 9,936 Forumite
    wish it was an 0800 number like Scottish Power.
    phone.gif0800 092 3990
    Hi Malc,

Hello littlewren and please ignore the monthly payment recommendation on your online account for now.

As I mentioned above, until the account is fully active, there'll be certain things that can't be seen or done. There'll also be odd pieces of information appearing like the low Direct Debit recommendation. These will clear to show more relevant information.

I suspect the electricity and gas have come over at different times and the figure you've seen (£24) is based on one fuel only. This will update once the other fuel has been fully uploaded. The Monthly Direct Debit will be the one you agreed at the point of sale.

These payments are estimates of future usage based on what's been used in the past. The aim is to achieve as close as possible to a zero balance by the annual payment review. We review arrangements quarterly to make sure accounts are on track for this. We'll only make changes at the mid-point and annual reviews. At the other times, we'll let you know if we think a change is needed and leave it up to you to make any adjustments.

Reviews look at current prices and usage over the previous 12 months (for new customers, this information is sent to us by the previous supplier). A significant change will trigger a request to amend the monthly payment.

We're continually looking at arrangements and the recommendation that appears on the landing page of online accounts is an assessment at that given point in time. It's important to note, this a recommendation only and is designed to raise awareness. This is particularly useful to those customers not on top of their accounts.

Not sure if I mentioned the Direct Debit Manager on our website to you before? This gives you more control over the arrangement including being able to change the monthly payments to better suit different circumstances. Provided the account is billed up to the latest meter readings, payments can be changed by up to 20 per cent up or down; by up to 5 per cent up or down without readings.

Sorry to ramble on littlewren and hope this is of interest.

Malc
    Also forgot to add i do have an option online now to increase the DD or decrease.

Hello SeeMe and I suspect much of your experience is similar to my reply to littlewren above.

As you say, now all is live, you can use the online Direct Debit Manager to adjust your payments should your ongoing usage change.

Thank you for your patience.

Malc
  • littlewren
    Hello littlewren and please ignore the monthly payment recommendation on your online account for now.

As I mentioned above, until the account is fully active, there'll be certain things that can't be seen or done. There'll also be odd pieces of information appearing like the low Direct Debit recommendation. These will clear to show more relevant information.

I suspect the electricity and gas have come over at different times and the figure you've seen (£24) is based on one fuel only. This will update once the other fuel has been fully uploaded. The Monthly Direct Debit will be the one you agreed at the point of sale.

These payments are estimates of future usage based on what's been used in the past. The aim is to achieve as close as possible to a zero balance by the annual payment review. We review arrangements quarterly to make sure accounts are on track for this. We'll only make changes at the mid-point and annual reviews. At the other times, we'll let you know if we think a change is needed and leave it up to you to make any adjustments.

Reviews look at current prices and usage over the previous 12 months (for new customers, this information is sent to us by the previous supplier). A significant change will trigger a request to amend the monthly payment.

We're continually looking at arrangements and the recommendation that appears on the landing page of online accounts is an assessment at that given point in time. It's important to note, this a recommendation only and is designed to raise awareness. This is particularly useful to those customers not on top of their accounts.

Not sure if I mentioned the Direct Debit Manager on our website to you before? This gives you more control over the arrangement including being able to change the monthly payments to better suit different circumstances. Provided the account is billed up to the latest meter readings, payments can be changed by up to 20 per cent up or down; by up to 5 per cent up or down without readings.

Sorry to ramble on littlewren and hope this is of interest.

Malc

Hi Malc, as usual your reply is very informative and helpful, many thanks :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure