Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • hhanque
    • By hhanque 16th Jan 20, 3:51 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    hhanque
    Need advice with NCB on two policies.
    • 16th Jan 20, 3:51 PM
    Need advice with NCB on two policies. 16th Jan 20 at 3:51 PM
    Hello,
    I have one car insurance policy that ends next month which will earn me 1 year of NCB, I have the proof of ncd but it's obviously not valid until the end of the policy. I have also taken out a policy on a different car which I was going to wait until I got the NCB to do but it wasn't much cheaper anyway. At the end of that policy I should hopefully have a seperate year of no claims in addition to the other. Is there any way of telling the insurer I have a ncd mid way through the policy to earn a cumulative two years?
Page 1
    • chrisw
    • By chrisw 16th Jan 20, 4:47 PM
    • 2,072 Posts
    • 1,258 Thanks
    chrisw
    • 16th Jan 20, 4:47 PM
    • 16th Jan 20, 4:47 PM
    You can't add up the years cumulatively.

Each policy has its own separate NCD. The good thing is that if you claim on one policy, the NCD on the other isn't affected (although you do have to tell them of the incident and they may raise the premium anyway).
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

35Posts Today

4,437Users online

Martin's Twitter