IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Notice of Debt Recovery

Hi
I have received not one but 3 letters from DCBL. The letter is entitled 'Notice of Debt Recovery'
Each letter shows 3 different dates for the same car park with each amount being £100 plus fees total of £160.
I received all three letter on the same day and this is the first time I have heard anything about it. I received no windscreen tickets or previous letters.
These letters were forwarded from my previous address. I had apparently not had my address changed with DVLA at the time they checked.
I am inclined to just call them and say the person does not live at this address.
Any advice please?
Many thanks

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    nope

you should do 2 things

email a SAR to the DPO at the parking company , to get all your data , and issue a data rectification notice to that same DPO to get your details updated and old address erased

then write to DCBL telling them to place it on hold pending debt management advice

see post #2 and post #5 of the newbies sticky thread for explanations
  • Thank you Redx
    Would you mind pointing me in the right direction to find an explanation of the abbreviations used?
    Thank you
  • BrownTrout
    BrownTrout Posts: 2,298 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    DCBL will not update your address , even when instructed by the parking firm.
  • Redx
    dubs2020 wrote: »
    Thank you Redx
    Would you mind pointing me in the right direction to find an explanation of the abbreviations used?
    Thank you

I already did

post #5 of that NEWBIES thread you should have read and digested before posting , please read post #5 for explanations , then post #2 about LBC replies and SAR requests

thank you
  • I am sorry but I don't know where to find posts 2 and 5 not at all sure where you mean
  • Redx
    top of this forum , third thread down , use a laptop , not a phone

this site wont work properly on a phone, ok on tablet, IPAD or laptop
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,567 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I am sorry but I don't know where to find posts 2 and 5 not at all sure where you mean
    Go back to that screen where you found the New Thread button earlier.

The thread you are looking for is one of the first four threads - it has the word NEWBIES in its title.

You are being asked to read the second and fifth posts in that thread.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Hi
    I have received not one but 3 letters from DCBL. The letter is entitled 'Notice of Debt Recovery'
    Each letter shows 3 different dates for the same car park with each amount being £100 plus fees total of £160.
    I received all three letter on the same day and this is the first time I have heard anything about it. I received no windscreen tickets or previous letters.
    These letters were forwarded from my previous address. I had apparently not had my address changed with DVLA at the time they checked.
    I am inclined to just call them and say the person does not live at this address.
    Any advice please?
    Many thanks

Is this about really old tickets, circa 5 years old?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure