Safestyle UK - Bad experiences?

Comments

• We just had a salesman over, he asked my mother how much she could afford a month which isn't much. Anyway, he measured the windows yadayada he then turned round to my mother after making a few phone calls that they could do it for £7500 at £90 a month. At this point, I knew there was no way she could afford it. I then got my fiance to come down and talk to him. I went out of the room. My fiance within 5 mins of being in the room managed to get him down by £1500 but was still expecting my mother to pay £70 a month for 10 years!

My mother the turned rounf and said I need to speak with my husband and check my money situation first to which he responded: "So shall I set in motion now?" My fiance said she isn't signing anything until she's spoken to my dad and checked the money situation. to which hs response was: "So shall I set in motion?" He replied with this around 5 times to which my Fiance got irrritated and told him that, she isn't signing anything. He then turned round and said I don't have anything for her to sign and asked the question again.

We then asked why he wants to put in motion when he knows she cant afford it? his reply was, you need it done. Yes, we need it don but not to the point it's going to put us in debt for the next 10 + years. He then asked the same question and my Fiance started to record him. He didn't like that and tried to take the phone from him which unfortunately, knocked the video off record.

Things then started to get a bit shouty with him saying he's not a pressure salesman and that he's been doing it for 20 years. My finace then mentioned the FSA which he didn't like and decided to leave turning to my fiance saying I'm going outside I'm going outside now mate! and mate this mate that being all "hard man". He then left then 2 mins later knocked on the door with his tail between his legs because he forgot his keys.
  • I wish I could mark this as zero stars. I've never dealt with such atrocious customer service in my entire life.
    I called safestyle to quote me on fitting new windows and was assured that someone would be out on the date arranged. I left work early on the day of the appointment and so did my partner as they said that both of us would need to be there. 5 minutes before they were due to arrive, I had a phone call to say that unfortunately they wouldn't be able to make the appointment. I then re-arranged another appointment for a few days later and once again assured that someone would visit......They didn't!!!! No phone call to say they wouldn't be able to make it. Phoned safestyle and they agreed that this was totally unacceptable and was told i would have a manager ring me back the next day at 11am.........yep you guessed it....No phone call!! Phoned them to see why I never received a call and the guy said he would get a manager to ring me back in 2 minutes. "2 minutes sir, I promise, 2 minutes. Sit tight, I promise they will call you in 2 minutes".....well, 30mins later and eventually I get a call back. No apologies, just a call to arrange them to come out with the good old promise of a good discount. I then comically made another appointment for a few days later and once again left work early to make the appointment for a 3rd time. Yet AGAIN I had a phone call 5mins before my appointment to say sorry that they wouldn't be able to get anyone to come out at that time. He tried to get me to arrange yet another appointment but on this occasion I told him to shove the appointment up his **** and that I will be posting terrible reviews.......And so here I am!
    Nice how they treat existing customers!!! Had doors fitted by them a couple of years and to be fair, the fitter was **** and the door frame is cracked!
    I think what I'm trying to say is "DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY ON THIS SHOWER OF **** COMPANY.........You have been warned!!!
  • We had 6 windows and 1 door fitted yesterday . The fitters came into our house went upstairs put a radio on at full pelt, my husband asked them to turn it down,we stuck it for an hour then they were told they would have to turn it off. Each window has so much mastic around the new frames and where they touch the wall you can see it from the door way, window sills are fitting at one end and are filled with more mastic where the other end is at least half an inch below,there is damage to our walls and the mastic in most cases is full of grit and look dirty, the fitter actually told me when I complained about his bad workmanship that he would,nt like it if it was his house and that the fact that fillers are so thick is because of the rubbish safestyle make them use and if he had done our job as a private job it would have been done properly. We phoned first thing this morning to complain with a huge list of problems to many to mention on here and we have been told an independant will come to look at it on the 12 of June, no apology in fact very dismissive he said that there were so many people who needed visits that this is the quickest they can do:(:(:(:(:(
  • PurAsc
    PurAsc Posts: 50 Forumite
    I'm so sorry to hear how they treated your Mum - sales guys seeing an opportunity!! Unfortunately, it's all too common with those larger nationals that are driven by sales and commission. Have you contacted consumer rights about the way in which they gained the business from your Mum?
  • Sorry to bump an old thread, but it seemed like the most relevant to post in. I received a call today from a company that is following up with previous customers of safestyle. Unfortunately I didn't catch the name. They had all my details and were asking about my experience with the company and if I was lucky enough to have he work completed before safestyle went into administration. I assumed they were working on behalf of whatever company had taken over safestyle.

I explained the problems i had previously experienced with a door I'd had fitted. The lady on the other end of phone seemed very sympathetic and seemed to be taking an interest in rectifying some of the problems left by safestyle and asked if about the state of my soffits. I said they were fine and certainly wasnt interested in spending more money. She then turned quite aggressive and told me I wouldn't get anything for free and said I'll just need to suffer with my door.

Has anyone else been lucky enough to be contact by someone following up on work by safestyle?
  • dunroving
    dunroving Posts: 1,881 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    It's a bit strange that this thread attracts so many new users who only post once ...
    (Nearly) dunroving
  • :rotfl: give me a chance, I've only just got here.
  • Cold called at my house even though I have a no cold callers sign. Was very persistent to give me a leaflet even though I pointed out the sign then went away with a face like thunder!

Breaking the law - a bunch of cowboys!
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    dunroving wrote: »
    It's a bit strange that this thread attracts so many new users who only post once ...

Maybe because people are advised to use the search function when seeking information about a company that has ripped them off, in the hope that others have had success getting their problems sorted out and how that has been achieved.
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    I asked them for a quote based on them doing work at another house in our street, sales rep wouldn't discuss it with me unless Mr was there too :eek: Told them after a 12hr shift Mr had zero interest in windows so they could've either give me a quote to discuss or I'd go elsewhere. Got an artbitary number thrown at me without even getting a measuring tape out and sales guy left.
    Got several calls from local office as to why I'd been obstructive about the quote then a follow up from head office who were not impressed with sales rep or local office....needless to say, we didn't use them.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport