IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Fine for entering wrong vehicle reg

Comments

• I certainly hope so too!

Have now received the first of what I'm sure will be several letters from ZZPS. Charge is now £170 (including £70 admin fees).

01689eef87cf9fb74b08da81a860b86f-full.png
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Ignore any debt collector letters, just file and retain. The only documents that you need to be 'interested' in are a Letter of Claim and/or a court claim from the Northampton CCBC.

Come back on this thread if you get either. Meantime do read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #2 for everything you need to know about the entire court process. The better you prepare, the more ready you are to deal with anything they throw at you.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Thanks. How long does it take on average to receive letter of claim?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    Thanks. How long does it take on average to receive letter of claim?

How long is a piece of string? Maybe a month or so, but any time up to 6 years. There really isn't any pattern to this.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Received my ZZPS letter last week as well ignored as mine is still at POPLA appeal stage waiting on OPS to provide their evidence. Think they are trying to squeeze as much as possible as they have lost operatorship of that particular car park.
  • Nixson212 wrote: »
    Received my ZZPS letter last week as well ignored as mine is still at POPLA appeal stage waiting on OPS to provide their evidence. Think they are trying to squeeze as much as possible as they have lost operatorship of that particular car park.

Hi Nixson,

Have OPS provided their evidence as yet?
  • Hi FG,

Recieved email yesterday confirming OPS will not contest the appeal and withdrew tails between their legs! Threw the lot in to the POPLA including land owner auth especially as the operator had changed.
  • Excellent!! Congratulations bud. So glad to hear that's at least one less person they are going after.

FG
  • Letter received from QDR solicitors, on behalf of OPS, who are threatening to obtain a CCJ if payment not made within 14 days.

I take it advise is to still ignore?

FG
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    Ignore anything with 14 days

Read the for guidelines from a couple of years ago

A proper LoC gives 30 days and includes financial forms

Anything else is debt collection which is dealt with by post #4 of the newbies thread

This advice has been written thousands of times on here already , groundhog day
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback