UPDATED with Link! There's a new Broadband Tool coming to MSE and we need YOUR help!

Comments

• steveE2
    steveE2 Posts: 1,303 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    No use to me as my line is FTTP and this only shows one fibre option(TalkTalk) which is FTTC only.
    Doesn't offer any fibre options from BT my current supplier
  • Thanks for the feedback steveE2 :)
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • mnbvcxz
    mnbvcxz Posts: 378 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Normally on the mse broadband guide there is a link to a custom special offer for bt broadband. Now it just says go to the broadband wizard. But if I do that it shows me results for all providers but NOT bt broadband?
  • unnameduser
    unnameduser Posts: 11 Forumite
    Switched to BT infinity 1 based on results from MSE speed check but not entirely sure the monthly cost figure was accurate, don't think the up-front payments were taken into account.

We were also shown an offering from Vodafone but when checked on their web site they say we cannot get their service.

Know someone who switched to sky fibre from an MSE offer about a month ago and they say the figures given for that were not accurate either, up-front payments not figured in again.
  • shangaijimmy
    shangaijimmy Posts: 3,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Worked a treat. Signed up to plusnet. Just wait and see if the cash back arrives now. Do I get a new badge for my profile;)? I'm sure that I'm overdue one for switching gas and leccy through MSE club as well ;)!
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • Just wait and see if the cash back arrives now.

Definitely put it in your diary!!! See my post http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=72936860&postcount=188
    It has taken about 4,500,000,000 (4.5 billion) years for the Earth to form as it is now .........
    and it'll only take about another 100 years for mankind to really **** it up!!!!
  • Tried the online tool and seems to work a treat. No 'clunkiness' ... nice and smooth operation. Shows every provider I've been able to find on my search around the internet. Wish I'd had access to this tool earlier ... would have saved me some time, and the effort, of putting the same information in on each providers site!!!

Why would anyone still use SKY??:D:D:D:D:D
    It has taken about 4,500,000,000 (4.5 billion) years for the Earth to form as it is now .........
    and it'll only take about another 100 years for mankind to really **** it up!!!!
  • Uuumm! just tried NOW TV website and I get:-
    What you’ll pay each month
    Sky Sports Month Pass £33.99
    Fab Fibre £18.00
    Anytime calls £8.00
    Line rental £17.99
    Your Combo Offer -£12.99
    Total £64.99
    Cost after 12m offer £77.98

Don't see this one on the tool.
  • Hi Mathew
    I've just used the broadband tool to check out my possible deals I'm currently with bt infinity2. I live in a rural area that was in the dark ages about 2 yrs ago with 0.5 megabit speeds. Local council working with bt rolled out fttp for this area. I tried to search for up to 76 meg speed and the tool didn't even pick it up from my current provider. It's a concern that open reach records aren't being updated speedily enough to alert other providers to the developments in this area to give Bt a competitive advantage. I know that Plusnet are joined with bt but even they say they can't offer fttp connection here. Am I missing something here or is fttp so unique other providers won't touch it. If it was fttc would it make a difference. Given bt is the main one rolling out superfast to rural areas is this part of their deal to have a monopoly for a period of time to recoup the costs of the exercise. If it is then I think this needs to be made public. Either way it makes a mockery of competition and means that your comparison tool struggles at the higher and generally more costly end of the range.
    Good luck with the future development of the tool and I look forward to any observations.
  • allfrey
    allfrey Posts: 30 Forumite
    [FONT=&quot]Though I switch gas, electricity, insurance, phone etc. regularly, I do not want to switch my broadband regularly because I do not want to risk losing a connection and because of the complications of setting up my router (and possibly being forced to use a new router) each year. I am therefore interested in the provider that offers me low rates without special offers. This is not something the new tool allows me to do.[/FONT]
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback