Accommodation not as advertised

Comments

• SHAFT
    SHAFT Posts: 565 Forumite
    kittennose wrote: »
    Thankfully the law doesn't agree with you.

So if you know the law and your rights why start the thread?
  • k3lvc
    k3lvc Posts: 4,175
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    SHAFT wrote: »

'Cos obviously t'interweb is now the reference for 'the law' :rotfl:

If caravan owner/site has anything about them they'll claim that the additional features were an upgrade that was given to the OP
  • SHAFT wrote: »

The clue is in the first post.
    to put a reasonable figure / proposal to them in terms of fair compensation.
  • Takmon
    Takmon Posts: 1,738
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    If a nice view of the sea was important to you and thus you booked a sea-view room only to find on arrival you got a view of the carpark are you going to up-sticks and fly home and cancel the entire holiday so you can fight for a full refund? I doubt that.

What if you booked a 5 star room and found yourself in a budget room? Fly straight home?

You, and others are suggesting when missold accommodation you have 2 binary options, cancel your entire trip or accept it.

With such a miss-understanding of basic rights is it any wonder why businesses frequently get away with so much misselling and false advertising to British consumers who are often all to happy to just accept it.

*shrugs*

I once arrived at a campsite that i had booked online and they didn't have the pitch that i had booked available and also some of the advertised facilities were closed.
    So i said i wasn't happy with this so i got a full refund and left. I then looking online and found a few other sites rang around and went to another site which had what i wanted and stayed there instead.
    This too me was the logical thing to do instead of having a rubbish holiday.

So no you don't have to cancel and go home, you can get a refund and go to another site to continue your holiday.
  • BoGoF
    BoGoF Posts: 6,969
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    So friendly.

If you don't agree there should be any compensation given for the wrong accommodation just say so and move on. You're adding nothing but animosity.

Your lack of knowledge wehen it comes to the law can be shown by the totally inaccurate advice given here;

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=6039633
  • SHAFT
    SHAFT Posts: 565 Forumite

So look again at #4.
  • kittennose wrote: »

How can anyone advise if you don't post any figures.

1) How much did you pay?
    2) How much was the cost of the caravan on the cheaper site?
  • LilElvis
    LilElvis Posts: 5,835
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    How can anyone advise if you don't post any figures.

1) How much did you pay?
    2) How much was the cost of the caravan on the cheaper site?

I asked for the price and number of nights in post #6 - still to be answered, despite replies to numerous other posts.
  • Gavin83
    Gavin83 Posts: 8,739
    Forumite
    What if you booked a 5 star room and found yourself in a budget room? Fly straight home?

You, and others are suggesting when missold accommodation you have 2 binary options, cancel your entire trip or accept it.

It's happened to me on a number of occasions, I've cancelled the booking and found another hotel.

Which you've been told several times and chosen to dismiss. I'm not even convinced you're entitled to the difference in rates but you certainly aren't entitled to compensation for being a bit sad.

Anyway you clearly aren't interested in what people have to say or willing to answer any questions so I'll just second what others have said, I'd be asking for the difference in the cost of the caravans.

However I think you'll disregard this so just make a figure up. Just be prepared for it to be rejected.
  • Lip_Stick
    Lip_Stick Posts: 2,415
    Forumite
    Looks like the usual clique have completely missed post 15 then. They're too busy having fun attacking I expect, Kitten.
    There's a storm coming, Mr Johnson. You and your friends better batten down the hatches, because when it hits, you're all gonna wonder how you ever thought you could live so large and leave so little for the rest of us.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure