Royal Mail misdelivered PIP appeal evidence

Tiggywinkle1
Tiggywinkle1 Posts: 1 Newbie
edited 19 December 2019 at 12:24PM in Disability money matters
I am freaking out.
We won our son's pip appeal back in September.
However I have since remembered that everything we sent in, all evidence, very personal details, NI numbers, details of son's health, reports, DOB , NHS letters with NHS number, at least 30 pages of confidential information, is all copied and sent to tribunal, and a copy was sent to us too. We never received our copy. (I vaguely remembered this from DLA).

I phoned the PIP department who confirm this was sent out to us. We never received it. We frequently receive other people's post and I give it back to postie or hand it to neighbour. Therefore, I suspect it has been mis delivered to the wrong street or number. We have different post people all the time. I complained before and it has never got me anywhere, I expect it would be too long ago for them to chase up now. My house number and street name are clear to see. As it hasn't been returned to sender I suspect another household have opened it. I think a DWP Christmas bonus letter may have gone walkies too.

I can't stop worrying about it. Someone has read all my son's details, it will be too late now to do anything about it. We live in an area where everyone generally knows each other and I know my son would be really upset to think that someone has read his most intimate medical details.

The house I expect it has gone to (same number different street) deny receiving it, it could've gone anywhere.
I feel so powerless. Does anyone have any suggestions? Can I pay DWP to send all my future post recorded? Does the blame lie with Royal Mail or DWP?

Comments

• Did you send copies and not the originals? I suspect that wherever it was delivered to just ripped it up and threw it in the bin, i'm sure the blame doesn't lie with the DWP maybe just an error by the postman.
    You could ask the DWP to send registered post explaining why.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,931 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Everything should have been sent to you in the "bundle" if you didn't receive that then how did you proceed with the appeal?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,323 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 22 December 2019 at 9:09AM
    I think it is far more likely that whoever received it (if it isn't in a pile in a PO depot somewhere) just threw it in the bin. Believe it or not, the average person doesn't give a damn what mistakenly delivered post says. Its only important to you, not anyone else. The chances of someone misusing the data is remote. If that occurred, you'd get to know about it and can act then.

You aren't going to be able to trace it now. Just put it out of your mind. When you can do something about a situation, there's a point to worrying about it, when you can't, there's no point at all except self torture.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure