Options
124»

Comments

• adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,813 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 14 January 2020 at 4:36PM
    Options
    I just check a few flights in Autumn and Summer. iI seems that most flights (if not) will add additional of at least £20.85 for priority boarding e.g to allow you to carry your cabin trolley suitcase.

Until until last year (booking in August) I could still find many flight are adding £9 a few are £6.

I just wonder about other people experience. If this was true that the minimum fee for priority boarding is £20.85 than it is already more than the flight cost itself. Also It is more difficult to do straight comparison.
  • tdastaff
    Options
    Gold Car Crazy Deals
    Beware of this companies Cray Deal offers as they are refundable and they keep your money as "compensation" as Ihad one booked for a month that has cost me £400. My fault really they are known for trying to get money out of you if you click on the little! next to price it does tell you these are non-refundable bookings and you can't even move the booking to a later date.
  • trishfallows
    Options
    Ryanair have cancelled our flight out to Tenerife in August but have NOT cancelled the return flight. Can I get refunded on both flights? 
  • CCReus
    CCReus Posts: 3 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    Can anyone advise regarding Opodo Car Hire unreasonable customer care/refund for missed car hire?  I recently missed a flight and contacted Opodo immediately via the chat function on their website to inform them I would pick up my hire car late or the next day.   I kept getting cut off but I explained my situation to 3 different agents and asked all for advice and help.  They all had my booking details.  I also rang the car hire company in Spain who told me they could only hold the car for 3 hours and I needed to deal direct with Opodo.  However as soon as the pick up time elapsed Opodo stopped any communication except for standard emails in French.  I was unable to pick up the car. They are now refusing me a refund (£358) as I did not cancel via their web portal EVEN THOUGH I was in dialogue with them via the portal the whole time. None of their agents told me I would forfeit the whole booking if I didn't change it via the website before the pick up time elapsed.  Customer Services are referring me back to the letter of their contract without taking into account the reasonable attempts I was making to inform them of the problem and ask for their advice.  Any advice would be appreciated and I must warn people that Opodo have been unreasonable throughout and left me stranded in Spain with no hire car and no refund for the full booking fee.
  • David208
    Options
    Hotel cancelled as not reopening due to renovations not going to be finished.Wont be charged.Flights booked with easyjet and we cannot change them as already have our flights organised for 2020.So want to claim flight cost back.Barclyas travel insurance say contact credit card provider who says cannot claim until after the flights have gone >Any suggestions welcome.Thanks.David
  • I need to know that if we transfer funds to India from HSBC Bank account , are there any extra or hidden charges apart from UK banks' own charges. I have sent some funds to Indian account from HSBC bank account in November, December 2020 and January 2021. I have paid my Bank charges here at HSBC bank. But the full amount was not transferred into Indian Account in ICICI Bank. I have made an enquiry with Banks but both banks denied if they did any deduction in my fund. I am now concerned about my money then where the remaining money went. Like I transfered 20000 Rupees  through HSBC account into ICICI Bank but only 18230 Rupees went into my account in ICICI bank.  and again in January 2021 when I transfered 10000 Rupees and only 8230 Rupees received into ICICI account in India, Please can you help me to solve this problem. Please give me any information.  how can I found about any hidden charges in both banks . Please help me, Thanks
  • eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sharon, few will see your post here, I suggest you start your own new thread with a suitable title on the 'Budgeting and Bank Accounts' board. Include some more details about how you sent the funds, how they were converted from GBP etc. There could be an intermediary bank eating your money, an exchange rate margin, or charges by ICICI. If you repost you can also receive advice on better ways to send the funds.
    Evolution, not revolution
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure