sensory education - cheap disability aids

Looks like im not the only one to have problems with this company. This is the history. I placed an order on them on 11th March 2017 by Online Debit Card payment for £433 for a climbing frame and slide. When I hadn’t received any update on the delivery I called Tuesday 21st March 2017 for an update on its delivery and was told someone would call me back in 2-3 days and I received an email with the same information. On not receiving any calls I replied to that email asking for an update on Sunday 26th March 2016 (attached). I then called up again Monday 27th March 2017 to be told I would receive a call by no later than 5pm that day but I received no call. I called again on Tuesday 28th March 2017 and was told by the operator they can’t tell me anything but passed on an email address of the duty manager. I then emailed this address on Tuesday 28th March 2017 stating the same as above and that I wanted an updated on my order but received no reply. I emailed that address again today 30th March 2017 saying it all again and have yet to receive a reply. Im now drafting a letter saying all the above plus the below words. Failure to deliver within a reasonable time and outside of the agreed deadline is considered to be a breach of contract. I am now making time of the essence and request the item be delivered within 14 days of receipt of this letter. If I do not receive the item or a refund I will be reporting you to trading standards and progressing this to court. Is there anything else I can do? this is for my sons birthday and right now I know nothing about my order apart from that Ive paid £433 and have nothing in return. Their communication is disgraceful and all I want to do is talk to someone. Even if they tell me I wont get it for another 2 weeks, just something so I know my order is being progressed. Or a refund so I can try and order one from somewhere and get it delivered in time for his birthday. He is so excited about this climbing frame, I fear his reaction if we don't get it in time for his birthday. Any further recommendations on how I can get into contact with this company? thanks

Comments

• agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    There's a previous thread here about them, I haven't read it but it may offer some help.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5264007&highlight=sensory
  • millysg1
    millysg1 Posts: 532 Forumite
    thank you for that. I have already read through all the posts in that threat and there was nothing that could help re: other contact details to use.
  • bloss3101
    bloss3101 Posts: 13 Forumite
    I made an order with this company in October 2015. Part of the order arrived damaged & the other part was missing. I had the same issues you are having with no response to e-mails & being told noone can help via their customer service telephone number. I contacted trading services & sent formal complaint via recorded delivery which was signed for by the company director & no response. I also went through my bank to do a chargeback as I paid by direct debit which Cheap Disability Aids (Sensory Education) tried to reject. In the end I took to twitter & the next morning they made up a twitter account to respond to me & director started e-mailing me directly promising that they had refunded me that day which it turned out they hadn't. Finally a couple of weeks after that the bank managed to get the refund. It took nearly 4 months to get my money back. The items were for my son who has asd, spd & hypermobility who was going into hospital in the November for his stay in hospital & recovery after operation. They have absolutely no morals or care.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 18 March 2018 at 9:44PM
    One of the latest complaints in the Guardian
    https://www.theguardian.com/money/2016/nov/07/waiting-months-cheap-disability-aids

The Guardian journalist says:
    "An internet search reveals a trail of unhappy customers of Cheap Disability Aids and its parent firm, Sensory Education. Based on our dealings with it, plus what I have read online, I would urge customers to avoid this firm."

EDIT-please look at later posts about them trying to discourage chargebacks but threatening to deduct money
  • hollydays
    For google -he's featured on BBC watchdog three times in various guises.
  • hollydays
    edited 30 March 2017 at 7:47PM
    millysg1 wrote: »
    Looks like im not the only one to have problems with this company. This is the history. I placed an order on them on 11th March 2017 by Online Debit Card payment for £433 for a climbing frame and slide. When I hadn’t received any update on the delivery I called Tuesday 21st March 2017 for an update on its delivery and was told someone would call me back in 2-3 days and I received an email with the same information. On not receiving any calls I replied to that email asking for an update on Sunday 26th March 2016 (attached). I then called up again Monday 27th March 2017 to be told I would receive a call by no later than 5pm that day but I received no call. I called again on Tuesday 28th March 2017 and was told by the operator they can’t tell me anything but passed on an email address of the duty manager. I then emailed this address on Tuesday 28th March 2017 stating the same as above and that I wanted an updated on my order but received no reply. I emailed that address again today 30th March 2017 saying it all again and have yet to receive a reply. Im now drafting a letter saying all the above plus the below words. Failure to deliver within a reasonable time and outside of the agreed deadline is considered to be a breach of contract. I am now making time of the essence and request the item be delivered within 14 days of receipt of this letter. If I do not receive the item or a refund I will be reporting you to trading standards and progressing this to court. Is there anything else I can do? this is for my sons birthday and right now I know nothing about my order apart from that Ive paid £433 and have nothing in return. Their communication is disgraceful and all I want to do is talk to someone. Even if they tell me I wont get it for another 2 weeks, just something so I know my order is being progressed. Or a refund so I can try and order one from somewhere and get it delivered in time for his birthday. He is so excited about this climbing frame, I fear his reaction if we don't get it in time for his birthday. Any further recommendations on how I can get into contact with this company? thanks

It's a husband and wife team .If you've read all the threads you must realise how they operate? SEE ABOVE POST .:( Chances are there is a delay on them being imported-they are trying to keep your money for as long as possible.
  • millysg1
    millysg1 Posts: 532 Forumite
    Well, ive gotten no where. I sent them the letter giving them 14 days and they haven't replied to it. I had two emails telling me they would contact the supplier and get back to me but that was 10 days ago and everyone email ive sent since has been ignored. Ive spoken to Citizens Advice and they have reported it to trading standards but they haven't told me much to help me but sent another letter and confirmed they are breaking the contract by not delivering. I have now informed the Ombudsman and given them all my emails and letters and hopefully they might be able to get somewhere on my behalf. Ive also written another letter ill send on Saturday. Im also going to contact my bank account and see if they can do Chargeback on it. Unfortunately my sons birthday is on Tuesday and it looks like he wont get a birthday present! :( and I'm seriously out of pocket.
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    millysg1 wrote: »
    Well, ive gotten no where. I sent them the letter giving them 14 days and they haven't replied to it. I had two emails telling me they would contact the supplier and get back to me but that was 10 days ago and everyone email ive sent since has been ignored. Ive spoken to Citizens Advice and they have reported it to trading standards but they haven't told me much to help me but sent another letter and confirmed they are breaking the contract by not delivering. I have now informed the Ombudsman and given them all my emails and letters and hopefully they might be able to get somewhere on my behalf. Ive also written another letter ill send on Saturday. Im also going to contact my bank account and see if they can do Chargeback on it. Unfortunately my sons birthday is on Tuesday and it looks like he wont get a birthday present! :( and I'm seriously out of pocket.
    What's happened to the court proceedings you threatened them with earlier?
    If you say something like "if you don't do A, then I'm going to to B", then you really should be prepared to follow that course.

Anyway I don't believe court will solve your issue.

The best you are going to get is a refund.

You are doing the right thing by talking to your bank about a chargeback.
  • There's no point me going through my story as it's much the same. I'm at the first stage of writing a letter telling them that I'm entitled to a refund etc. It's just £27 but what I don't get if someone can enlighten me is, how come people like this aren't given a jail sentence or banned from owning a business? They must be raking in the money from small and large amounts. Also, how can a whole team of people be in on the scam? I've been cut off the phone 5 times in total by different people. I don't live far from them in Brum and am considering getting in touch with our local BBC radio if I don't get any joy.
  • hollydays
    edited 12 August 2017 at 5:41PM
    Wavecon wrote: »
    There's no point me going through my story as it's much the same. I'm at the first stage of writing a letter telling them that I'm entitled to a refund etc. It's just £27 but what I don't get if someone can enlighten me is, how come people like this aren't given a jail sentence or banned from owning a business? They must be raking in the money from small and large amounts. Also, how can a whole team of people be in on the scam? I've been cut off the phone 5 times in total by different people. I don't live far from them in Brum and am considering getting in touch with our local BBC radio if I don't get any joy.

Probably because not enough people take them to court.
    Everyone wants some one else to do it.
    I'm not sure that writing letters is effective when dealing with them.
    In addition, going away and cross posting about them on numerous forums would be a good thing, but most people can't be bothered.
    Perhaps they use a contracted overflow call centre.( teleperformance?)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure