PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Daily Sunday 29th April 2018

Comments

• I_Love_comps
    I_Love_comps Posts: 2,295 Senior Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Name Dropper
    Morning Everyone,

Sorry not posted much lately. I am just feeling a bit tired. Still clearing out moms house, which I will hopefully put on the market in late June, it is so sad going through a persons belongings when they are still alive. It is so true what they say about dementia - that you are grieving while they are still alive, and when they die - you have to grieve again.

Mom is also declining. My mom talks a lot silver-oldie, but in a sad way, and she uses words which did not use before dementia. I am hoping the home have asked to place her back on medication for everyone's sake, as last weeks visit to see her was very uncomfortable.

Today I shall plough throw some name labelling for mom clothes and some repair sewing of mine clothes and do some shredding.

I do wish the warm weather or dry weather would return, as the garden really needs doing.

Have a good Sunday everyone x
    I am a Senior Ambassador on the Competitions Time Board and the Old Style MoneySaving Board.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators.  Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

My Diary Link My Frugal Year 2023 My Frugal Year 2023 — MoneySavingExpert Forum

My Challenges
    Make £2023 in 2023. £3.16/£2023 Make £2023 in 2023 — MoneySavingExpert Forum
    Compers Challenge 2023 0 Wins Compers challenge 2023! — MoneySavingExpert Forum

• Morning ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one.

Its not raining but avery grey day here, looking forward to some sun in Cornwall in a couple of weeks. Need to get the lists out. Not as many as we had for the caravan or when we self catered, but guess the back of the car will be full!!

OH's son was 50 yesterday, he came over with the newest great grandchild, little girl Amelia-Grace. We both had a cuddle. She was very small when she was born, but seems to be putting on weight ok. I cannot remember how many GGC we have between us now, but I think its coming up to 10!!

Roast shoulder of lamb for supper, the last of the shoulders I got from Aldi, they seem to have reverted back to leg of lamb.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Morning all,

Lainey don't forget to visit Port Quin if your a fan of Doc Martin. It's not far from you. You will have to park up and walk a little because of the narrow roads but its lovely to see.

All these days off Grump has had off has hit his bank account hard. We had an argument over £10 last night.:D Roll on Monday....

Diva has croup.

I'm concerned Eldest might have swapped his addiction for alcohol for energy drinks if that's possible. He's been posting a lot on Facebook...always with an energy drink in his hand.

On a lighter note, I did some Mexican stuff in wraps for tea. Think I've poisoned Grump as he's stuck on the loo. Me and Youngest are fine but Grump always did have a delicate stomach.

Holly I'm concerned to hear your anxious. When do you see your GP next?

I love comps sad to hear of your Moms dementia. Mother had vascular dementia and robbed her of coherent speech. Grumps sister is going through it with her husband. I think we are going to see them this afternoon.

Onwards and forwards

Have a great day all.
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Morning all

Not raining here atm but some due early evening, its quite blowy though so ive stripped the beds and got them on a wash I will get them on the line for a blow, OH will re-make the beds later.

Will just have a sweep through this morning and straighten things up, will then take madam out for a nice long walk, will have to wrap up though as its cold out there.

Not sure about dinner tonight dd's boyf was cooking but they have had to go over and see his sister who is having some trouble with her ex partner so I might end up cooking.

We have a surveyor coming on Wed from the insurance company to look at the kitchen, I must say they have dragged their heels about this and meanwhile the kitchen floor is getting worse and worse and the cost is going up and up !! I shall not be renewing with this lot once the year is up.

Dumpling I am so pleased for Phoebe, we have youngsters working in our caf!, a lot of them come with no confidence at all and its lovely to watch it grow over the tears with us (a lot of them are with us from school till they leave for uni) Im sure it will do her the world of good xx

Right better get on have good days all xx
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,585 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I love comps, I'm sorry you're going through such a tough time at the moment.

Holly, your feelings are so understandable, I hope things get better.

Lucky you having sunshine Lainey, I hope it continues. It's supposed to rain all day tomorrow at DD's where I am going in order to walk Ziggypup. I'm not really looking forward to it, I shall drag out my waterproof trousers.

It was so cold last night. I'd exchanged our 10tog duvet for the 3 tog one when it was so sunny but last night I had to put a fleece blanket on top.

DH goes up to Thirsk tomorrow for his first week in his new job, we'll see how it pans out but we've had to do quite a bit of juggling over the next few weeks to fit things in. Hopefully it will all settle down when he's been there a few weeks and he can start working from home more. He's only supposed to be doing 3 days a week but will go in more for the first few weeks. I will go with him sme of the time but this week I've got things arranged so can't.
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,404 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hello everyone
    My goodness it's freezing here and I've had to put the heating back on :(.
    Dad is due for lunch today and I've forgotten to defrost any meat, again ! I've been preoccupied with the cleaning... well that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it :rotfl:. So steak and ale pie it is then, good job I always replace them after use for such emergencies :D. I have prepped the veg though. Roast potatoes, parsnips, honey carrots, broccoli and peas are on today's menu.
    Mr Fix It was given some kidneys this morning while he was on his constitutional by the neighbour who gave us venison liver. Very kind of him but I'm not sure about kidneys. Nelski can you spare one of your chefs for a few tips ? :rotfl:
    DGD is also pencilled in for a few hours this afternoon if DD, SiL and DGS go to the cinema to watch an Avengers film.
    Holly don't be fooled, most of the year I revert back to my sedate, lethargic and vegetative self :D. Keep your chin up lovely. Hugs xx
    Lainey I spent a lovely holiday at Boscastle many moons ago and we had a house right on the harbour. If I remember correctly we wore wellies all week because of terrible weather :(. Enjoy your break and my fingers are crossed for good weather.
    RedRuby I hope you get your kitchen floor sorted out soon.
    Judi many hugs to you today. You sound like you are in the thick of it again.
    TA have you fathomed out how to use your oven yet ? Is a Sunday roast on the cards ?
    Hope everyone enjoys today whatever your plans.
    Hugs and good vibrations to anyone who needs/wants them.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • poppy811
    poppy811 Posts: 540 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Shh don't tell anyone but it is actually not raining here! I have made a fish pie for this evening as youngest son is coming for tea. It is his favourite but always a bit daunting as he is a Head Chef!
    Had a second viewing of the bungalow yesterday with a buildr. Glad I did as he is concerned about movement on the gable end and advises a structural engineers report before proceeding. Not for me so will keep looking. Really pleased for Phoebe hope it goes well.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 29 April 2018 at 1:44PM
    Holly I feel so sad for you; everyone deserves to have a home where they can kick back, chill, be themselves and feel comfortable and safe.
    I hope the feeling passes as your ordeal moves further into the past, I really do.

Weather is pants - I am so grateful that Honey has her coat with her, and is good about having paws, legs and undercarriage toweled dry.

Technical question re Ka*cher window vacs - we both struggle with window cleaning these days, so I thought it might be a good investment to get one; but there seem to be several different models - WV1, WV2, WV2plus and WV5 premium on @m@zon, if memory serves. My question is, which one do I need? We have three "standard" room windows, patio door and equal sized window beside it, small bathroom window, back door with glass in the top and bottom, and front door with glass just in the top; plus an acrylic paneled shower screen over the bath, and just two mirrors, one each in the bathroom and the hall; so not a huge amount compared with a lot of homes. If anyone could give me some pointers, I'd be very grateful.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • dp1
    dp1 Posts: 1,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Thanks everyone for good wishes. Still feeling awful....going to try to get a doctors appointment in the morning. I need a sick note for next week too. I'm 50 and have never needed a sick note. My 'get up and go' has well and truly left the building!
    I watched the Stephen Lawrence documentary last night - it was shown earlier in the week. It was excellent - well worth watching if anyone hasn't seen it.
    Hope everyone is having a good day.
  • TiredTrophy
    TiredTrophy Posts: 1,019 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Kidneys

Steak and kidney pie

Kidneys and mushrooms....
    ..fry off some thinly sliced onions til soft in butter or oil
    Trim out the cores and cut kidneys into long thin strips and toss in seasoned flour...fry with the onons, increasing the heat a bit

Add the sliced mushrooms and stir about til slightly browned and the kidneys are cooked to your taste

Add a large spoon of plain yog. And lots of nutmeg

Serve with rice and chopped parsley

Kidney curry!...with a hot sauce and lots of greens

Or just on a bbq
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business