PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

April 2017 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 9,345 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Coxy11 wrote: »
    Annual 2017
    DanielleNic87 £2200
    FurryBeastOz £3000
    K9sandFelines £4000
    Matron Midge £5200
    mrsnicewriting £2000
    Rachiedabbler70 £3250
    squirrelgirl £4800
    Suffolk lass [STRIKE]£3600[/STRIKE]
    willowx £1560

Hi Coxy11, please change my annual budget to £3000, down from £3600. Thanks!
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 31.1% spent or £932.98/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • LollyC_x
    LollyC_x Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    Could I please be added to April's challenge for £120 for one adult including cleaning/laundry items - first time tracking my spends so hopefully this will be a good estimate

Savings
    Equity loan savings: £150/£24,599
    Emergency fund: £200/£10,000
    Outstanding mortgage: £88,709.48/£89,000

April 2017 GC: £- /£120
  • purpleybat
    purpleybat Posts: 477 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    hello all
    can I be in with £160 again for april please.
    I've been struggling a bit the last couple of months with seemingly endless hospital appts with my dad so have been picking up stuff that's quick to cook and eat between there and work. luckily today we finally have his radiotherapy sessions booked to start next week so at least i'll know better what time I have.

I'm hoping to come in at £150 but i'm finding things are easily overwhelming me and I end up beating myself up and then feeling really miserable, and I don't think it's the challenges aim to make me feel like that. I don't want to leave the challenge and I think raising my budget slightly gives me some breathing space while still keeping things in check.

good luck to everyone, I'm sure we will all do well :D
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone. My new month starts on the 29th. Can I put down my usual £140 including all toiletries, pet food and alcohol (:eek:still struggling with this one but only two bottles of wine last month:j)?

See you on the 29th

PP x
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • ScotinLondon
    Options
    Can you please put me down again for £140 commencing on 25/03/2017.

Thanks

SIL
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,088 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Please put me in for £160for April running from 31/03 - 27/04 . I've a houseful for five days over Easter and 12 for dinner on Easter Sunday so it will be a spendy month. Thanks
  • Newusername1
    Options
    I'm new here, so I'm not sure I'm doing this right, I'm going for a single person £90 for April. That includes cat supplies and various item of toiletries/kitchen stuff. The cat is going to cost me £30 this month (£20 food and £10 litter), toiletries/kitchen stuff say £10. So my food bill will be £50 for the month broken down as follows:

24 pork chops £10.00.
    6 lamb chops £5
    Rice £4
    Tinned vegitables £6
    Gravy granules £2
    Tinned fruit £6
    Milk £3
    Bread £1
    Other £4
    Delivery charge £4 (I online order twice a month).

I online shop at Asda £90 is really the minimum a month I can spend because because I shop twice a month and there is a minimum order value of £40 each time then del. on top.

I have loads of cornflakes so I can get through the month without buying them (so breakfast is sorted)

Next month (May) my cat food and litter bill of £30 will half because I'm buying 6 weeks worth this month (April), so I can treat myself with £15 extra to play with to spend on myself. This month I have to cut back whilst I stock up the cat.
  • maria3104
    maria3104 Posts: 920 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    HI

Please could I be put down for £300
  • Sequeena
    Sequeena Posts: 4,728 Forumite
    Options
    Subscribing for April :)

My budget is £240 for the month. Two adults, a 5 year old with a limited diet, 2 dogs and a cat. I include all toiletries, cleaning products and pet food in the budget.

I have 2 freezers (one a chest freezer) full so I won't be buying any meat for a while unless I see any reduced.
    Wife and mother :j
    Grocery budget
    April week 1 - £42.78 | week 2 - £53.05
    24lbs in 12 weeks 15/24
  • NiftyNita
    Options
    I'd like to join, please. I am new here but I have been following along at home. My problem is I go to Aldi and buy what I need (I meal plan quite carefully or things go to waste as it's only me) but then succumb to temptation during the week and find myself buying biscuits from the corner shop where they are £1 a packet. I've decided to just accept that I'm weak willed and buy biscuits from Aldi instead, I'll still weigh the same but will at least have saved some money!

Could you put me down for £40 for this month, thank you. I will start on the 1st.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure