Sound bars ?

Comments

• Bollotom
    Bollotom Posts: 957 Forumite
    First Post
    On my TV audio settings I clicked on external device instead of speakers/headphones and it boomed out.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    googler wrote: »
    Do you have a HiFi or music system in the same room as the TV?

No my wireless is in the kitchen and I don't have any sort of music system at all
    Thanks everyone for your help
  • Norman_Castle
    Norman_Castle Posts: 11,871 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Are you increasing the volume to compensate for poor sound quality?. Most modern TVs have options for pre set sound settings. Movies, speech etc. Try adjusting these before buying a sound bar.
  • Cisco001
    Cisco001 Posts: 4,018 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Do you just want it to get louder? Do you want something with good sound quality?

There are cheap soundbar which make TV louder.
    You probably need to spend a bit more if you after something with sound quality...
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Just need to make it a little louder, as at the moment I have the subtitles on ,more so in the evening so I don't disturb my neighbours, I am a little deaf in one ear and if the music soundtrack is on I find it difficult to hear the dialogue
  • Are you watching on your own? You might find this a better idea > https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Wireless-Radio-Frequency-Headphones/dp/B00JF3G0R0
  • WobblyDog
    WobblyDog Posts: 512 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I bought a £90 Sony soundbar a few years ago (a HTCT60.CEK I think) to go with my 32" Sony TV. It's just a bar and a small sub-woofer. The extra bass does improve the experience. I'm quite happy with it and don't feel I needed to spend more.
  • googler
    googler Posts: 16,103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    JackieO wrote: »
    Just need to make it a little louder, as at the moment I have the subtitles on ,more so in the evening so I don't disturb my neighbours, I am a little deaf in one ear and if the music soundtrack is on I find it difficult to hear the dialogue

If the TV has audio out (what's the model?), run a cable to your viewing/listening position, and feed it into a headphone amplifier, along with a pair of headphones.
  • Neil49
    Neil49 Posts: 3,074 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    photome wrote: »
    Just bought my parents the Panasonic sc- htb8, great 80w bar perfect for your needs, they love it

Currys have it for £59 I did see it on clearance in Asda but didn't check the price

I have the same soundbar for our 32 inch Panasonic. It's nothing amazing but for the £50 it cost me at Sainsbury's it's good value and certainly helps in providing clearer and louder sound.

I connected with the TV using an optical lead which I happened to have spare.

The remote control is basic and quite small with a couple of surround sound options. It's quite small and easy to mislay.

The soundbar itself is about the same width as the 32 inch tv. Quite a lot I looked at were much wider and wouldn't have fitted in the space available.

Hope this helps.
  • Norman_Castle
    Norman_Castle Posts: 11,871 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 18 October 2016 at 7:22PM
    JackieO wrote: »
    Try the settings. Mine has a clear speech setting which makes speech clearer. The movie setting on mine is loud but annoying. I use the standard setting.

http://docs.esupport.sony.com/referencebook/en/s5100/pages/tvsettings/tvsettings04.html
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure