Comments

• piglet25
    piglet25 Posts: 927 Forumite
    Stoptober Survivor
    Code not working :(
  • blackcat50
    blackcat50 Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 11 January 2017 at 6:49PM
    Checked with excluded areas for delivery, none of which applied to where I live - however, once order was being placed, it informed me that they don't deliver to 'Highlands & Islands'.
    I live in Aberdeen, which is NOT in the Highlands and Islands.
    Also, Post Office delivers to our door, six days a week, so wonder what this company's problem is?
  • Unfortunately they don't deliver to Northern Ireland
  • Fatdad62
    Fatdad62 Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 11 January 2017 at 10:16PM
    It was supposed to be a 13.5 Tog, not less than 10.....

Christmas crowds in post office, delivery box for parcels, pre paid postage envelope...was there really an option?

If they had not mucked the order up in the first place I may have accepted a poor item and been done with it....now I have paid over the odds for some pretty poor pillows.

Just saying to people be wary.
  • Have used this company twice and been extremely satisfied with both quality and service both times. Code worked well.
  • Techno
    Techno Posts: 1,169 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just received my king size, wool, mattress cover and duvet. The mattress cover is a fogarty and the duvet is M&S (marker pen used to erase names on both labels but could read them) Taken out of packaging and given a good shake and all looks to be very promising. Will put on bed tomorrow.
    ;) If you think you are too small to make a difference, try getting in bed with a mosquito!
  • Just bought a 'super kingsize supersoft mattress protector' using your code, total £19.87. Really disappointed when it arrived with a 'Fogarty' label on. Your website claims that Boston supply 'posh bedding' to upmarket stores and that savings of up to 70% can be made. However I don't consider Fogarty to be an upmarket brand as it's sold in Debenhams, Dunelm and Asda. The protector feels like it's made from cheap material and is flimsy and scratchy. Today I saw the exact same product on the shelves in Dunelm with 20% off for just £17.99. Therefore I am £2 out of pocket by using your code. I would have been better off going to Dunelm. Feel like I've been totally misled. People, don't bother buying from Boston. Complete waste of money.
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,887 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    pinkgal wrote: »
    Just bought a 'super kingsize supersoft mattress protector' using your code, total £19.87. Really disappointed when it arrived with a 'Fogarty' label on. Your website claims that Boston supply 'posh bedding' to upmarket stores and that savings of up to 70% can be made. However I don't consider Fogarty to be an upmarket brand as it's sold in Debenhams, Dunelm and Asda. The protector feels like it's made from cheap material and is flimsy and scratchy. Today I saw the exact same product on the shelves in Dunelm with 20% off for just £17.99. Therefore I am £2 out of pocket by using your code. I would have been better off going to Dunelm. Feel like I've been totally misled. People, don't bother buying from Boston. Complete waste of money.

Did you not read this thread before ordering?

At least 4 posts on this thread mention Fogarty
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Logen
    Logen Posts: 40 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    blackcat50 wrote: »
    Checked with excluded areas for delivery, none of which applied to where I live - however, once order was being placed, it informed me that they don't deliver to 'Highlands & Islands'.
    I live in Aberdeen, which is NOT in the Highlands and Islands.
    Also, Post Office delivers to our door, six days a week, so wonder what this company's problem is?
    Duvet delivered today to an Aberdeen address. The address was accepted by the Boston website with no issues.
    I had expected a duvet with a microfibre cover and was pleasantly surprised that it had a polycotton cover. Interestingly, in light of comments in this thread about other retailers labels on their products, the duvet I received had a Boston label attached.
  • I purchased a single duvet bundle (single duvet, mattress protector, pillows), a double duvet and pillows. I was excited until I realised the following:

1. The single duvet is from George Home (Asda)
    2. The pillow is a Fogarty pillow.
    3. There is only one pillow in the bundle when according to the description on the website there
    should be two.
    4. The mattress protector is a deep cream colour, not white as seen on the website.

So in answer to your questions MSE Sarah

- Did you like it? No
    - Have you used it? No
    - Did you have any issues? Yes, the comparison price on the website was £120, therefore the products received were clearly not the quality they were purported to be.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure