Debt-Free wanna be vs Maternity pay. Determined to stay on track.

Comments

• I will hang it on the wall to look at instead of on my floor :0p good call on moving it while potty training though!

Clear score updated today. I've gone up 30 points whoop whoop. The files haven't updated since mid December so the -£1000 hasn't taken into effect yet so I'm exspectinf another big jump soon.
    emergency fund:£179/ £1000 Uniform/car fund:£
    boys savings £
    Christmas £60 bday £40 holiday £

Family loan £7000/£5425
    Credit Card 0% £2015.32 eon £435 overdrafts £1500/£1300
  • Successful soft play lunch date with both boys today. £15 spent no more plans until next week now.

Feeling like I shouldn't have rushed into moving the £1000 from he boys money to clear credit card debt as my score is pretty good and that it would have been more helpful towards the deposit! Damn! To late now! I must sleep on the bright ideas I have before I rush into things!!! I think I will call the bank and change my dd for £60 of the cc each month and split the payment between the cc and back to the boys fund at least they'll be a bit extra to borrow if we need it! Aghhh
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • Quick pop in. Not much to report really. DP said his noodle credit score is now 595 so that's moving in the right direction. I thought the late payments on the mortgage would have ruined his rating. It's been paid on time for a year now so maybe that's helped. Now we're wondering if we can get him on the mortgage too......humm we shall see. Still waiting to hear confirmation from his step dad that the house is on the market. I have £115 to last until 15th I have a meal out for a friends birthday so will keep £30 aside for that. I ordered her present last month as I had some free cash. This means I have about £30 a week I've been doing one soft play visit a week which is enough as it's hard work with both boys. So not sure what else I'll get up to. Sure something will pop up. DP's day iff today. We are going to go to the woods later and feed the ducks. Then I think I may have an afternoon nap these night feeds are taking their tole on me. Zzzz x
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • Morning diary,

Quiet week here staying in trying to get DS2's naps sorted. So no spends on outings. I did however spend £25 on a lunch box for DS1! It sounds
    Obscene but it's a really good one and will hopefully encourage him to eat more as he's not really eating at school. I also did a massively Tesco shop that got delivered yesterday but then DP got paid today a lot less than I though he would. Oops! It was his first month where his salary was based
    On his commission and he old sold 7 cars. This should be the last month of bad pays though as he's already sold 12 this month. Saying this the pay he received was a good payday for his old job so I can't really complain. I will cook the meals I planned with the fresh food I ordered the next week then will meal plan again but using the cupboards and freezers and just do a small fresh fruit and veg shop. We may need to take a little out of savings to cover bills but we shall see how things look when DP moves money around later. Also preschool bill is smaller as there are some holidays and we have no council tax to pay this month so I'm hoping we'll make it through. I need to pay car tax I keep forgetting I will do this today! I also need to pay a £154 deposit to reserve a spot at the child's mind for the boys when I'm back to work. Boo! This will have to come from savings. I'll do that this afternoon at nap time along with the tax.

Right off to put DS2 down then get DS1 to help me make a spinach and ricotta pie ready to cook one handed at witching hour later! X
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • Went to tax the car and it was a reminder for the old cars tax. Whoop. The car fund will build up a little more before this car is due I think in march.
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • Feeling meh! Do you ever get paid and wish it was next pay day already? Yep that's me right now! The savings are slowly going down instead of up. £154 taken for the childminder deposit and I'm going to have to move more out to cover bills near the end of next month. Sigh

Must remember the positives:
    1)We have savings to use to cover short falls instead of using over drafts or cc's like previous Mat leave.
    2) Debt it going down instead of up.
    3)DP is earning more now and should have a good pay coming next month.

Goals this month:
    1) minimal spends on food. Freezer and cupboards and full to the brim!!! Must use this and only add fresh ingredients where needed.
    2)Spend time at home sorting by ds2's napping which will also save money on going out
    3)Sort maternity clothes and first size baby clothes out to eBay. I know they don't sell for much but something better than nothing plus they are just hanging around cluttering the house up.

£12.99 spent on a gift for my god daughters birthday next month. Top Cash Back had a deal where if you spend over £10 on any site you got £5 cash back bonus so I though get the present brought and get the bonus. I now have £77 to last until 15th £30 needed for a meal out so £47 to last two and a half weeks but I don't have any plans so far. Will try plan free things and not spend this as we could do with it in the bill account.

Right time to try out DS2 down for a nap he's currently asleep on me.

Money money money.
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • Hello, I've read this from beginning to end and have lurked for a few weeks now. Congrats on the birth of your son and well done on staying on track on maternity pay. I will get SMP from June/Julyish (haven't decided yet haha) and it's been good to know that I can still stick to my plan of being debt free next year.
    Thank you! x
  • Thanks for posting. It's nice to know my diary is helping someone other than myself. I guess clearing debt is like a roller coaster. Fast sometimes and other time slow or backwards but you've gotta be on the ride to get to the end. X
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • NSD yesterday and tomorrow. DP's day off tomorrow and we said we'd go swimming so that'll be a cheap day out.

I had an email from a friend at work with a new mat leave policy they have introduced and will be backdating it for employees currently on mat leave. I'm pretty sure I qualify and should be due at least a few months full pay and a few 50% they will probably have to pay back the statutory pay I've received. I've emailed payrol to ask for an new breakdown of my pay. Trying to not get excited. We shall see. If I do receive anything it'll all be going into savings! Eek! Fingers crossed! X
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • Quick pop in! Nsd today and yesterday. £20 put in Wednesday so now I have £27 until 15th and not really any plans. I'm enjoying staying at home a lot more now as it's just so much easier than venturing out.

I need to have a rummage through the freezer and cupboards and make a meal plans with a minimal shopping list to make it happen. We have dp': friends coming for Sunday lunch but he will but the food from his pocket money.
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts