Debt-Free wanna be vs Maternity pay. Determined to stay on track.

Comments

• Back from the theme park. Spent £40 me and DP £20 each. Were
    Going to have a Dominos later I'll pay for his as DP treated me last time. They don't deliver where we live though but they do quite good collection offers we usually only spent £13. DP will head out to collect it once DS is tucked up. X
    emergency fund:£179/ £1000 Uniform/car fund:£
    boys savings £
    Christmas £60 bday £40 holiday £

Family loan £7000/£5425
    Credit Card 0% £2015.32 eon £435 overdrafts £1500/£1300
  • Quick pop in before bed. Is it wrong I'm happy it's dark at half 8 so I don't feel like such a looser coming to bed early! Back to work tomorrow 7.30-4.30 mon-wed then Thu and Friday off I have plans Friday with DS's two best friends we haven't made plans yet but the children's centre do a really good session the boys love on a Friday so hopefully it'll just be that. I'll probably stay in Thursday as I need a relax day while working full time I'm just so tired all the time. So a cheap week really. I may pop to wilk0 tomorrow after work and stock up on toiletries with this weekend pocket money. I like certain products and always end up popping to tesco which then ends up with too much spent on good too. DP paid for the pizza last night as he had cash so I transferred the money I was going to spend to my OD account. Random paragraph of thoughts there sorry I'm tired.

X
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • MrsSave
    MrsSave Posts: 1,817
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Quick pop in before bed. Is it wrong I'm happy it's dark at half 8 so I don't feel like such a looser coming to bed early!

Ha......I had a similar conversation with Dh last night! :rotfl: The joys of pregnancy! :D
    Starting a new debt free journey
    Starting Debt: £5,250
    Current Debt: £4,995.50
    Amount Paid: £254.50 Percentage Paid: 4.84%
    Emergency Fund: £350
  • Hey Mrs Save. Glad I'm not the only one!!! Gotta love an early night.

Saying that I'm still awake!! I've just done some accounting and we had a little spare in the joint account so paid Next account off. This left me £5 left until under £8000 so paid £5 pocket money to the overdraft account! Whoop! It feels so good being under £8000 makes all the overthinking worth while. Keep at it everyone! £1000 down in 2 months! It will be slower once the overdraft is cleared and my pay drops. Then when I'm back to work and money coming in it will be all about saving for a mortgage! Whoop whoop!
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • Quick check in before bed. £23 spent in wilk0 after work on toiletries stashed away for the next few months. X
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • Afternoon Diary,

Lazy day at home today. Just having a brew while DS naps. I've been really struggling at work it's so busy and when we have sickies I'm on my feet all day. I worked 7.30-4.30 yesterday with 2x 20 min sit down breaks. I've two shifts then weekend then a week off and I'm meant to be back for two. I'm going to call my area manager tomorrow and discuss brining my leave forward I just don't think I can cope the last the 2 weeks I've been in tears with the pain at work this week. For the sake of two weeks pay I just can't do it. DP will be able to work full time for the two extra weeks instead of PT so it's not all bad. DP's friend came to visit yesterday he is the show room manager at aud! and wants him there as a sales man. He's seriously considering it. He would be the main earner then with a career instead of me being the main earner. He would have set shifts so I could set my days when I'm back and generally he'd be on a lot more money than he is now. It'll be a big change as were used to shift work but I think it will work better for family life. With a set structure. He has messaged his friend after a chat tonight asking if it would be possible to start in Nov as his schedule is completed until the end of Sep at his current job then baby is due mid Oct so starting a new job then to have paternity leave just isn't going to work. Hopefully his friend can wait out for him until then. I really hope it all works out. I love my job and really want a career in the future but while I'm in the baby zone I want to take a step back and enjoy it.

I keep wanting to spend money at the moment!!! Must behave. A few times I've looked on websites and filled baskets with clothes for DS but I've behaved so far. He needs new shoes then some jumpers etc. I think have his child benefit comes in this month I'll use it for these bits normally I don't touch it and it goes towards bills etc but he needs some new bits and I'd rather get them before baby comes. Me and DP are both due a bonus next month so were planning on using this money for the last bits for the baby we need.

Think that's all. Best drink my brew before it's cold. X
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • Oops just ordered DS some converse high toos. I've been eyeing them up a while. Managed to find a pair only worn once on eBay for £13.80 inc postage though where as new would have been £30 + so this is ok right?
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • System
    System Posts: 178,076
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    A bargain is a bargain! Only you know if it's Ok, but from what you are saying it sounds like you were planning to shop for him anyway!

Hope you manage to finish early. DP's job opportunity sounds amazing - much easier for you to organise yourselves around as a family and more money is always a bonus! I do think it's sensible to sort this stuff out before the little one arrives as you won't have the time or the energy afterwards!

Ramble x
  • Quick check in.

Nice day today small £4 spend on cake.

Noddle report out and I've dropped 11 points!! This has really annoyed me as everything is moving in the right directing and I was quite excited to see it rising.

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming!
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • Awww I think you did a good thing getting your boy the converse. Sounds like a good price as well, they grow so quickly so you can well believe they have barely been worn.

I think sometimes a spend on cake does you good and gives you a lift. I consider this quite essential especially as you wont be drinking right now. And also noddle and the credit agencies are a law into themselves! I am baffled by their logic too. But I do look regularly and hoping to see an improvement.
    I loved your illustration on my diary of time flying and in 8 months how you have made a person that's almost ready to arrive. I think this has really helped me a lot to think of it in this way and feel a lot more positive about the time scale.

Hope your last few weeks are going well. And good to read about your oh opportunities too. xxx
    2017- 5 credit cards plus loan
    Overdraft And 1 credit card paid off.

2018 plans - reduce debt
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills