Debt-Free wanna be vs Maternity pay. Determined to stay on track.

Options

Comments

• hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Home from lunch and having a sit down and a brew while DS naps. I'm totally stuffed as had a cheeky pudding too!

Only spent £13 on lunch as my mum brought DS's.

I have £27 left now and no plans to leave the house before pay day. I think I'll spend think money on a bit of make up I've not ran out yet but with baby due it'll be easier to have spares due....or maybe just £27 worth of dry shampoo will be a better investment!
    emergency fund:£179/ £1000 Uniform/car fund:£
    boys savings £
    Christmas £60 bday £40 holiday £

Family loan £7000/£5425
    Credit Card 0% £2015.32 eon £435 overdrafts £1500/£1300
  • reality_check
    Options
    Only 20 shifts to go, hopefully it will fly by for you and your little bundle will be here before you know it! How exciting! It seems like all my friends are having babies right now and everyone in work is pregnant...broody is an understatement :rotfl:

I enjoy reading your updates, you seem so organised and in control! xx
    Starting debt £18,675.63 :eek:
    Current debt: £5,000 (16/05/18)
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Thanks reality check. I'm on track now just worry that when maternity pay kicks in I'll struggle or nesting I've been looking at toasters and roberts radios for my kitchen. Must stop looking at pretty things I can't afford/don't need!!!!

Cooking Sunday lunch today DP is only working until 12 and I've invited my mum over too. I can already feel an afternoon nap is needed and I haven't even got out of bed yet!! Watching (trying to) Toy Story in bed with DS and have a lazy Sunday morning but he's not too good at sitting still! He's more if a jump on the bed tickle fight kinda guy so I'd best cave and get up as he's restless. Xx
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Payday!!! Whoop!

All money moved about. I had £150 spare to pay off the overdraft. Really hoping I can clear this before my pay drops. DP has been clearing his too he has £600 left this should be paid off around the same time as mine fingers crossed!

I will update signature when DD's come out I'm excited to see my total drop below £8000!!! First big hurdle!

Spent £30 in boots on make up. Non needed yet so a nice little stash away for when money drops.

Bedtime now. 19 shifts to go! Zzzzz x
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • MrsSave
    MrsSave Posts: 1,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    19 shifts will go quickly! How many weeks pregnant are you now? Well done on getting your total under £8000.
    Starting a new debt free journey
    Starting Debt: £5,250
    Current Debt: £4,995.50
    Amount Paid: £254.50 Percentage Paid: 4.84%
    Emergency Fund: £350
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Congrats on getting below £8K - and working on the O/D's too.

Think you should spend any leftovers on you - or put it away for a rainy day treat!

TTFN Ramble x
  • louby40
    louby40 Posts: 1,519 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well done for getting below £8k! I've not used my overdraft now since May and it's so good knowing that all the money that goes into my account is money to budget with.

What day do you actually start your maternity leave? I loved being off with both my boys - happy days. They're 16 & 13 now.
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Evening, quick check in before bed. Few hard days at work on my feet a lot which has brought on a lot of intense braxton hicks. Not fun. I've spent about £5 on lunch the last few days as popped to boots for sandwiches as I didn't fancy grease.

Thanks for all the comments it's so nice to know others are in a similar position.

I'm 31+4 at the moment and it's going slowly!!! I think work makes every day sooo long. I have a week off after next week then back for 2 runs of 5 shifts. My last shift is 15th sep if I last that long.

DP said he revived an email from BT today saying they had over changed us and will take the excess of our next bill. This months has already been paid so I'll keep an eye on the next bill as they didn't say an amount....I'm secretly hoping it's been over for years and is £8000!! If only!

Just in bed after a nice long bath. A couple of long days with DS then working a 4-1am then up at 7am with DS then back in for a 4-1! Work are great at scheduling DP and me so we don't have to have child care but it's tough when I'm so tired. Must keep thinking of the money!!!! X
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hello lovely. It's always the worst bit at the end, when the end is in sight, but still seems so far away. I promise you the 15th Sept will be here before you know it.
    Try not to do too much now and just invest in resting and sleep - you'll have time when you finish work to nest.

Fingers crossed for the BT refund. Please ask them to send one my way too!
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Morning,

NSD yesterday and should be the same today as working again tonight. Tomorrow is my mine and DP's only day off together this month due to work trying to avoid him working after my night shifts. Normally we have one day off together a week. We are going to have a nice family day out not sure where yet we were hoping the beach but the weather looks grim. Maybe a zoo or DS has a new book with fair ground rides in that he keeps making us ready so may try find somewhere with a few rides for him. I also realllllllly want a dominos so may have that as a treat for dinner tomorrow depending on how much we spend in the day. Xx
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts