Debt-Free wanna be vs Maternity pay. Determined to stay on track.

Comments

• MrsSave
    MrsSave Posts: 1,817
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    We had credit card debt when we got accepted for our mortgage. All they wanted to know was whether we could afford the mortgage repayments every month by looking at our total incomings and total outgoings each month.
    Starting a new debt free journey
    Starting Debt: £5,250
    Current Debt: £4,995.50
    Amount Paid: £254.50 Percentage Paid: 4.84%
    Emergency Fund: £350
  • Thanks for the advice guys.

We are a few years away yet with the deposit but maybe we need to keep debt payments to a minimum and save save save.

It'll all be on holt soon when I'm off work and it'll be trying to not go backward. DP hopefully has a better paid job lined up....were hoping the position becomes available after the baby is there though or it could mess with his paternity leave. X
    emergency fund:£179/ £1000 Uniform/car fund:£
    boys savings £
    Christmas £60 bday £40 holiday £

Family loan £7000/£5425
    Credit Card 0% £2015.32 eon £435 overdrafts £1500/£1300
  • System
    System Posts: 178,076
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    Hey HR.
    Waving hello - I am back from my holibobs. Hope you are well.
    We got a mortgage with about £8K of CC / Loan debt so it can be done!!
    Wishing you a great (and restful!) august!
    Ramble x
  • Thanks Rambelhan. Feeling loads more positive about buying our own home one day now.

Quick pop in first day at work today. I parked for free and did the 15 min walk in. It was a very slow waddle back to the car tonight and I walked past a chippy that smelt sooo good! But I made it home NSD! Whoop!

X
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • Quick pop in.

NSD yesterday. Popping to the post office on the way to work to post the last of the eBay parcels. Made about £30 after shopping in the end. Not much but enough to cover the miscalculation on the over draft. I've also paid £10 of my pocket money off the overdraft too as my plans on my days off are both free. We have a party Friday for one of Kian's friends and I'm going to my dads Saturday. He has two new puppies to play with :0).

Received my breakdown of mat pay. Soo depressing! Must keep cracking down while I have money to make each month easier when my pay is awful.

Work is hard. Home at half 1 last night and I was awake until 3 throwing up and then woke up at 8 and couldn't get back down. Not sure if I have a bug or if it was eating mcdonalds. Going to take pack up today and stay clear of the food from now on. Just heading up for a nap before my night shift. Hoping it'll shift this headache. X
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • System
    Community Admin
    You poor love - Hope you feel better. Like you say, taking your own food sounds like a safe option!
    Mat pay is such a chore! It was one of the final nails in our debt coffin!
    Are you saving up your shopping vouchers etc - usually I put them aside for Crimbo, but perhaps you could pop them aside for your mat leave.

Another thought might be doing a little "growing your own" next year - I know you'll have enough to do, but if you can sprinkle some cut and come again salad leave seeds every couple of week you can save quite a bit of cash that way.

I've had a horrendously busy couple of days at work - wishing for the weekend here!
  • Morning,

NSD yesterday managed a couple of hours at work but then started throwing up so came home and slept 12 hours straight. Thankfully I still receive full pay when I'm sick.

We don't receive shopping vouchers what are they?

I had a veg patch in the garden when DS what a baby but it's not for me I just don't enjoy it.

X
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • NSD again spent most of the day in bed/lying on the sofa with DS. Had to call in work sick for today as I'm just to dizzy and weak. I haven't thrown up today and have had 4 slices of toast and kept them down. Heading up to bed now as DP is at work tomorrow so I need to be rested to entertain DS. I've cancelled on the party we were going to as don't want to give everyone my germs. Poor DS has had a boring few days.
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • System
    Community Admin
    Sorry you are still poorly. Take it easy and your DS won't remember a few boring days!

I meant things like tesco clubcard vouchers / or morrisons? we usually get fuel at morrisons and every so often get a £5 voucher, so i just save them up for Christmas.

Hope you start to feel better soon xx
  • Hey Ramble,

We get petrol at tesco so build up vouchers here....we usually save them up for a Pizzs Express treat :0).

Feeling more like myself today just having a chilled out day at home with the boy. We didn't go to the party as didn't want to spread any germs to a party of kids. Going to treat myself and DP to a Chinese take away tonight I feel like I need a big feast after 5 days of toast and sickness. X
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts