Yankee Candle bargains - Please post your finds here!

Comments

• juliebunny
    juliebunny Posts: 1,705
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    As I had my Hallmark Order cancelled :mad::mad::mad: I am now on the hunt for a replacement Yankee at the same price.

Best I can find so far is House of Frazer :

Large jars down to £16.99
    Medium down to £13.59
    Small down to £6.71

Other types of jar candles available. Couldn't see any tarts or samplers, etc, but I'm sure I've seen them instore.
    http://www.houseoffraser.co.uk/Yankee+Candle/BRAND_YANKEE%20CANDLE,default,sc.html?srule=price-desc&fix&sz=200&spcl&redirectQuery=yankee

I'm sure I can do better than these offers....anyone?
    Less stuff, more life, love, laughter and cats!
    Even if I'm on the shopping threads, it doesn't mean I'm buying! Sometimes it's good to just look and then hit the CLOSE button!
  • Don't know where you are but there is a YC shop at Ashford Outlet if that's any good. Sorry don't know much about the prices but generally most of the shops are at least 30% below normal retail prices.
  • Are you looking for Christmas? If not, then there's always good sales on YCs afterwards. Apart from the online shops, as Bellajack said, outlet stores often sell them. I buy mine at Boundary Mill. Worth checking what's in your area.
  • House of Fraser in store today had good deals on...25% off the fragrange of the month (2 christmasy ones) and 20% off the rest...on top of that there is 3 for 2 on the large jars (not advertised but the staff ar happy to tell you)

I picked up 3 large jars I liked today and 2 of them went through at £10 instead of the promo price of 17 ish so got 3 large jars for £25 :)

could have got 3 for 20, but was happy with the scents i got

happy yankee hunting xxx
  • juliebunny
    Forumite
    fizzyfish wrote: »
    House of Fraser in store today had good deals on...25% off the fragrange of the month (2 christmasy ones) and 20% off the rest...on top of that there is 3 for 2 on the large jars (not advertised but the staff ar happy to tell you)

I picked up 3 large jars I liked today and 2 of them went through at £10 instead of the promo price of 17 ish so got 3 large jars for £25 :)

could have got 3 for 20, but was happy with the scents i got

happy yankee hunting xxx

Oooh thank you - which ones went through at the cheaper price please - you can whisper...no one else will hear...:p

I've had a few good deals from the department stores but usually I get the tail end as I didn't realise until recently that in my HOF there is a separate and very hidden away section.

Clintons was always good to look out for a bargain, but who knows whether that will be the same under the new owners....I am such a candle addict !!

I got out all my Yankee samplers and tarts the other night added a BS vanilla oil, some pink tissue in a gift bag and made an adorable pressie for friends mum who also loves them!
    Even if I'm on the shopping threads, it doesn't mean I'm buying! Sometimes it's good to just look and then hit the CLOSE button!
  • I just had a large jar for £9.99 :j

They also have the medium for £6.99 but these were the 'simply home' variety

@ Buyology instore if you have one near!!

http://www.buyology.co.uk/our-stores
  • juliebunny
    Forumite
    QVC just had Yankee Candles - they have a good offer on a set of 3 Artisan jars- large. The labels seem to be different, not sure if the actual candles are any different - don't see how they could be?
    http://www.qvcuk.com/Yankee-Candle-Set-of-3-Winter-Artisan-Large-Jars.product.700602.html?sc=700602-SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-42-_-700602

And online they have a glass jar HUGGER - I sooo want one of those, LOL!
  • juliebunny wrote: »
    QVC just had Yankee Candles - they have a good offer on a set of 3 Artisan jars- large. The labels seem to be different, not sure if the actual candles are any different - don't see how they could be?
    http://www.qvcuk.com/Yankee-Candle-Set-of-3-Winter-Artisan-Large-Jars.product.700602.html?sc=700602-SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-42-_-700602

And online they have a glass jar HUGGER - I sooo want one of those, LOL!
    The QVC 'artisan' range is different. Whereas the normal range is mass produced, and you can guarantee the quality is the same, what happens with artisans is that the candlemakers basically experiment with stuff so the quality varies. They are genuine Yankee Candles, but often the scent isn't as strong. I've not bought any, but have smelled them at a friend's house. I liked one, but was disappointed with the other three. Good prices but you do take a chance.
  • juliebunny wrote: »
    Oooh thank you - which ones went through at the cheaper price please - you can whisper...no one else will hear...:p

I've had a few good deals from the department stores but usually I get the tail end as I didn't realise until recently that in my HOF there is a separate and very hidden away section.

Clintons was always good to look out for a bargain, but who knows whether that will be the same under the new owners....I am such a candle addict !!

I got out all my Yankee samplers and tarts the other night added a BS vanilla oil, some pink tissue in a gift bag and made an adorable pressie for friends mum who also loves them!

lol love yankee too :) the 2 i got for a tenner were vanilla lime and midsummer night. SA said they were likely to be discontinued, but my HoF had loads of each, and she offered to check others too (they had dozens of scents) I just couln't carry more than 3 large jars

FFx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure