PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Alcohol increases in Scotland.

Not sure if this is the right section.
Is there an alcohol section on this website?
I'm just wondering how members feel about the alcohol price increases in Scotland, particularly those of you who live in that beautiful country.
A good move, that will improve the general health of the population, or a draconian implementation that punishes the many for the disorders of the few?
I'm not sure, although I hope they don't introduce it in England.

Comments

• Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,012 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    I'm in 'that beautiful country' and will be unaffected. Don't drink White Lightning or similar.

I think it should be considered in England, if it makes the changes suggested then the impact will be worthwhile. Statistics show than price rises are reflected in lower incidents of alcohol related crimes, deaths and hospital visits. Here's hoping!
  • comeandgo
    comeandgo Posts: 5,742 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    No problems with it if it makes the A and E safer for the nurses etc. I don't know anyone who will be affected by it as non I know drink the cheap stuff. There is another thread on MSE with opinions in it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure