Solarplicity: Add your feedback

Options

Comments

• mbmonty
    mbmonty Posts: 149 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Tawny_Owl wrote: »

By the way.......the DCC is owned by Capita plc.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !!!!

Now it becomes clearer

Capita AKA Crapita are named in so many failures, from new GP and Dentists to a plethora of other systems that either cause business processes to backlog or the system fails like Pay360 did last year.

Some people online ask "Is there anything that Capita can’t !!!! up?"

They had a serious profit warning recently and lost a billion off their share value, now Government is in talks with them to avoid another Carillion.

They have let loads of staff go and are in restructuring, nobody on outside will know how bad it is but after the way their goons behave in the TV Licencing contract I doubt there will be many tears
  • mbmonty
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm still waiting 2 month for a reply to the emails I sent also no replies to the messages sent via the online account.

Anyway doesn't matter now. Just need my first and final bill from them for the few weeks that my gas was actually with them. Elec never made it to the transfer for some reason.

Yes I never received key email and not expecting to any time soon, but I resolved the issue because I was able to see from the errors other customers had on here and on TrustPilot. Processes are like dominoes, they trigger things, so if they do not happen it can create chaos. They need to create verification checks in their systems so they can track and manage failures.

They lost you as a customer as a direct result of their IT /Data failures, usually heads must roll in these situations, whether they are internal or external remains to be seen.

I have no problem with them not sending me bills as long as they do not try to put in a pay meter because of their screw ups.

I log into the portal regularly, it has the screens for the usage but I still can't enter readings, so ball is in their court.

Ebico are a backup I guess, but I think they have links with SSE and I do not like them at all.
  • malakoffee
    Options
    mbmonty wrote: »
    . . . . Ebico are a backup I guess, but I think they have links with SSE and I do not like them at all.
    EBICO dropped their link with SSE last year. The replacement provider is Robin Hood Energy.
    Robin Hood procedures and facilities are not as slick as the SSE ones used to be, but they are good enough.
    As a long-time customer, I'm sticking with EBICO.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    mbmonty wrote: »

Ebico are a backup I guess, but I think they have links with SSE and I do not like them at all.

Ebico no longer use SSE. Ebico are who I've switched my gas back to.
    malakoffee wrote: »
    EBICO dropped their link with SSE last year. The replacement provider is Robin Hood Energy.
    Robin Hood procedures and facilities are not as slick as the SSE ones used to be, but they are good enough.
    As a long-time customer, I'm sticking with EBICO.

Not as slick but who needs slick, the Robin Hood Energy system which Bristol Energy also use works very well.
  • Lainey777
    Options
    I have found it very difficult to get my surplus credit refunded from Solarplicity. I noticed that the credit on my account was increasing each month, even through the winter until it was almost £200. I requested that my direct debit be lowered, and to be refunded the excess amount. The direct debit was changed immediately, but geting the money back has been a much more of a problem. After numerous phonecalls, and waiting periods, I have just lodged an official complaint and am waiting on a response. Still no sign of any money in spite of me having been assured of it's processing several times. Has anyone else experienced difficulties like this?
  • wavelets
    wavelets Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It looks like Solarplicity have just updated their tariffs
    - not sure any on the comparison sites have updated yet

For anyone on their no standing charge Fair Market Price Variable tariff, it looks like unit prices have been hiked by about 30% :eek:
    (and the removal of the dual fuel discount)

Time to consider ditching & switching...
  • mbmonty
    First Anniversary
    edited 6 April 2018 at 4:21PM
    Options
    Well so much for

standing charges - we don't believe in them

I am wondering if that is for new customers?

I have not been advised of that price hike so thanks for that, I think I am in some limbo where they do not ask me for meter readings or send me bills. Suits me, on my deal they said they had a promise to be cheaper than the other companies even if only by a small amount.

So if the others have put their up then I guessed they will too, but NO, it appears they are punishing their customers for taking the No Standing Charge and the hike is MASSIVE!

Well a few days ago I said they were not so bad but if they stop doing no Standing Charge I will leave, it was the primary reason I joined them and put up with their incompetence.

When I signed up they had dropped their fixed price deal and were only offering the fair market price, fair market was supposed to mean cheaper than top 6, It still says that

A big change from the Big 6

Fact. Our prices will always be lower than the UK's 'Big 6' energy companies.
    How? Our Fair Market Price. With us, you'll only ever pay for the energy you use.
    Not a penny more, not a penny less.

What kind of crap is that, How are their prices always lower than the UK's big six if they hike my price from

Elec 15.2754 to 18.6585 UP 18.13%
    Gas 3.654 to 4.7775 UP 23.52%

They have modified the site and no longer say Standing charges we don't believe in them.

You know for a company to survive they MUST do what they say they are going to do, how are we supposed to trust a company that makes value statements like "we don't believe in them " and then phases that out and hikes the price meanwhile?

The only Good news is that I did not order the LED bulbs for fear of being charged £30 if I left.

Just ran another quote

Now it appears they offer three levels, Fixed, Standard and Fair Market

Tariff Name: Solarplicity's 12 Month Fixed April 2018
    Tariff Type: 12 month fixed
    Electricity Unit Rate: 13.6920p
    Electricity Standing Charge: 11.8965p
    Gas Unit Rate: 3.1710p
    Gas Standing Charge: 7.2555p
    Payment Method: Customer's chosen payment method
    Tariff Ends On: 12 months from start of supply date
    Price Guaranteed Until: Does not apply
    Exit Fees: £30/fuel
    Discounts/Additional Charges: £21 Dual Fuel Discount (incl VAT, Terms and Conditions Apply)
    Additional Products/Services: Free LEDs (Terms and Conditions Apply)

All prices include VAT at 5%. Projected cost for this product is based on the information you!!!8217;ve provided. Actual annual costs will vary depending on your usage. Savings include an assumed reduction of electricity consumption by 11% from free LED light bulbs and a £21 discount for dual fuel customers in the first year of supply. Savings compared to your current supplier as per the details you have provided. Online account management available (paperless) !!!8211; with a valid email address. Our fuel mix is 100% renewable electricity. Prices are for all payment methods except pre-payment. FREE LED bulbs for your home (applicable for dual fuel or electricity-only customers, terms and conditions apply).

Tariff Name: Solarplicity's Standard Variable
    Tariff Type: 100% renewable; variable
    Electricity Unit Rate: 13.6920p
    Electricity Standing Charge: 11.8965p
    Gas Unit Rate: 3.1710p
    Gas Standing Charge: 7.2555p
    Tariff Ends On: Does not apply
    Exit Fees: Does not apply
    Discounts/Additional Charges: Does not apply

All prices include VAT at 5%. Projected cost for this product is based on the information you!!!8217;ve provided. Actual annual costs will vary depending on your usage. Savings include an assumed reduction of electricity consumption by 11% from free LED light bulbs. Savings compared to your current supplier as per the details you have provided. Online account management available (paperless) !!!8211; with a valid email address. Our fuel mix is 100% renewable electricity. Prices are for all payment methods except pre-payment. FREE LED bulbs for your home (applicable for dual fuel or electricity-only customers, terms and conditions apply).

Tariff Name: Solarplicity's Fair Market Price 2018
    Tariff Type: 100% renewable; variable
    Electricity Unit Rate: 18.6585p
    Electricity Standing Charge: 0.0000p
    Gas Unit Rate: 4.7775p
    Gas Standing Charge: 0.0000p
    Tariff Ends On: Does not apply
    Exit Fees: Does not apply
    Discounts/Additional Charges: Does not apply

All prices include VAT at 5%. Projected cost for this product is based on the information you!!!8217;ve provided. Actual annual costs will vary depending on your usage. Savings include an assumed reduction of electricity consumption by 11% from free LED light bulbs. Savings compared to your current supplier as per the details you have provided. Online account management available (paperless) !!!8211; with a valid email address. Our fuel mix is 100% renewable electricity. Prices are for all payment methods except pre-payment. FREE LED bulbs for your home (applicable for dual fuel or electricity-only customers, terms and conditions apply).

What I was quoted in December just 4 months ago, took a month to sign up so not even had my first bill yet.

Tariff Name: Solarplicity!!!8217;s Fair Market Price Variable
    Tariff Type: Variable energy plan
    Electricity Unit Rate: 15.2754p (Now hiked to 18.6585p)
    Gas Unit Rate: 3.6540p Now Hiked to (4.7775p )
    Payment Method: Chosen payment type
    Standing Charge: No standing charges !!!8211; we don!!!8217;t believe in them
    Tariff Ends On: Not applicable
    Price Guaranteed Until: Not applicable
    Exit Fees: No cancellation fees (except we charge you £30 bill for LED's if you leave)
    Discounts/Additional Charges: £21 discount for dual fuel customers in the first year of supply
    Additional Products/Services: Includes free LEDs

What is Bizarre is that they have somehow fiddled the quote to project my cost to be lower than they did in December even with these price increases. It will be interesting to see how they did that,

I saved their quote all the way through so I have my figures, I am going to stick numbers in my own spreadsheet to see what the real cost is, then I will decide to leave, that is of course if they ever get around to sending me a bill or request for readings.
  • ontoitarethey
    Options
    I deeply regret transferring our electricity account to this company that simply does not respond.

I noticed a week or two into the new supply the company had actually placed us on the wrong tariff so I emailed hoping for a quick response (18th March). 8 days later no response so I telephoned them several times with no success so I sent another email. Struggled accessing their online portal. sent another message this time via their portal system and also found an online survey so I completed it with negative feedback. a day or two later I gets a response! the 'enquiry' is closed! a day or two later they sends an email asking if I want their free light bulbs and complete their survey!!!!

Its now been 23days plus countless phone calls today I hang up after 32mins.

I did a quick search online and discovered on companies house the company have a big red warning their accounts are late!

I am now wondering if the company actually exists - if that's the case who is out there to help?!

Please don't let anymore fall for this desire situation
  • mbmonty
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I deeply regret transferring our electricity account to this company that simply does not respond.

I noticed a week or two into the new supply the company had actually placed us on the wrong tariff so I emailed hoping for a quick response (18th March). 8 days later no response so I telephoned them several times with no success so I sent another email. Struggled accessing their online portal. sent another message this time via their portal system and also found an online survey so I completed it with negative feedback. a day or two later I gets a response! the 'enquiry' is closed! a day or two later they sends an email asking if I want their free light bulbs and complete their survey!!!!

Its now been 23days plus countless phone calls today I hang up after 32mins.

I did a quick search online and discovered on companies house the company have a big red warning their accounts are late!

I am now wondering if the company actually exists - if that's the case who is out there to help?!

Please don't let anymore fall for this desire situation

Thousands of companies file their accounts late every day, it is not a big deal.

This company is investing hundreds of millions in community solar, they are also getting millions from the Government for solar projects.

It is clear to me that they seem to be having massive admin problems from complaints on here and trustpilot.

If they have not billed you (as they have not me yet) consider it a loan.

When they finally get around to issuing a bill you can dispute it if on the wrong tariff

I have never had an issue calling them but they do respond to email within 3 days, the mail to use is

theteam@solarplicity.com

I am disgusted by Solarplicity completely reneging on the value proposition that was the basis for my sign up.

"Standing Charges - We do not believe in them"
    "Fact. Our prices will always be lower than the UK's 'Big 6' energy companies."

They have hiked the rates for the tariff for no standing charge and introduced two Tariff's with a standing charge.

I can't see how they can be cheaper than the big 6 when they have hiked the rates AND removed the dual fuel discount for my Tariff.

I have not had a bill so I have to wait and see, but if they do not honour their promises above I will be onto the ASA, Trading Standards and the Energy Regulator, I will also NOT pay anything above what I was quoted.

The bizarre thing now is that based on the same usage as my origjnal quote they are now coming out cheaper which makes no sense at all.

In business you have to do what you say you are going to do or your reputation is shot and you can never be trusted again,

So what you see on their website now is meaningless because in 3 months they could decide you WILL pay more than the top 6 or whatever else they invent.

I am so disappointed with them breaking their word, if I were a shareholder or their big financial backer, I would sack the Director that decided to break their commitment, that is unless it was their backer that forced this. If the latter scenario I think the Director should run the company into the ground so the backer gets no return on their investment.
  • Alistair_Brown
    Options
    I joined Solarplicity a year ago, and apart from a rocky start transferring my supply, everything has been ok. But as my tariff is coming to an end, I've been trying to contact them. I've waited on hold for hours for the past three days, with no one picking up. I've emailed twice, with no reply. Are they still in business? It is scary when your energy supplier doesn't seem to be at home
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure