Knit Witch's NitWit LBM, debt busting with yarn!

Comments

• Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    lucielle wrote: »
    Wow Knit witch your debt busting is going great guns. Great projects you've got their. I wish I was crafty but my mum put me off at an early age so I'm not arty clarty at all!
    L

Thank you Lucielle - I want 2018 to be the year when I am debt free (apart from the mortgage) and on top of my crafting! (I am guessing you never tried being crafty again :p)
    Must use my stash up!
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Loving the detail, KW!

Like Lucielle, my mother put me off craft, and any creative expression really, but it's never too late. My stash is now impressive :) and as soon as I'm tidy from the after-effects of the building work, I'm getting going :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Knit_Witch
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Karmacat wrote: »
    Loving the detail, KW!

Like Lucielle, my mother put me off craft, and any creative expression really, but it's never too late. My stash is now impressive :) and as soon as I'm tidy from the after-effects of the building work, I'm getting going :)

Woo hoo! we could have a virtual craft a long!
    Must use my stash up!
  • Karmacat
    Forumite
    Definitely! I'm going to try to make curtains for my porch: two windows and a door. I'm prepared to use wondaweb etc for any seams :) but I confess, I've never used a sewing machine at all in my adult life so when I put the header on, the biggest challenge is going to be threading up the machine :o

The other thing I want to do is make little sacks for Christmas presents, the kind that you use year after year. My sister has always had them for her adult kids, and this year she made one for me (with cats all over it, natch :j).
  • Knit_Witch
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Karmacat wrote: »
    Definitely! I'm going to try to make curtains for my porch: two windows and a door. I'm prepared to use wondaweb etc for any seams :) but I confess, I've never used a sewing machine at all in my adult life so when I put the header on, the biggest challenge is going to be threading up the machine :o

The other thing I want to do is make little sacks for Christmas presents, the kind that you use year after year. My sister has always had them for her adult kids, and this year she made one for me (with cats all over it, natch :j).

That sounds good - I am not sure what I will be starting with - I plan on using a Random Number generator and hope I start with something easy :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Must use my stash up!
  • Knit_Witch
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Right another £30 cleared from V3ry today - the next payment will have me into the £400 bracket :j

Sometime this year I need to go through all my crafty stash and find out what I really have left to do!
    Must use my stash up!
  • Knit_Witch
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Good start crafty wise - got my 1st sampler square knitted and plan on doing another one tomorrow!

I am wondering about using my CC to clear the V3ry account - the APR is lower on the CC and I could clear it again faster than I can clear the V3ry - any thoughts folks?
    Must use my stash up!
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,061
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Hi Knit Witch, is there any charge for using the CC to clear Very? If not it makes sense to me to move to the lower rate.
  • Knit_Witch
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Hi Knit Witch, is there any charge for using the CC to clear Very? If not it makes sense to me to move to the lower rate.

I don't think so - I have used it to pay the monthly sum before now.
    Must use my stash up!
  • Karmacat
    Forumite
    Yep, what redofromstart said :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing