how long does it take for bankruptcy to be on your credit file ?

still a newbie however was wondering if anyone could tell me how long it takes for my name to go in the gazette as bankrupt and when it will show on my credit files ????? any advice would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• mwarby
    mwarby Posts: 2,048
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I think it would normally appear in a few days, a month tops

If it appears on https://www.insolvencydirect.bis.gov.uk/eiir/ the credit reference agencies should pick it up very quickly
  • thank you for your reply it says that the court is the office of the ajudicator shoukd i be worried ??
  • mwarby
    Forumite
    No, that's more than likely because you applied online not at court
  • just finished my telephone interview with the or my car may have to be sold even though i use it for taking kids to and from school ! its only worth 250 pound its an old banger !!!
  • TheGardener
    TheGardener Posts: 3,303
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    just finished my telephone interview with the or my car may have to be sold even though i use it for taking kids to and from school ! its only worth 250 pound its an old banger !!!

That sounds unusually tough? BR's are allowed a car up to the value of £1000 as long as you can evidence a need - rather than a want - to have one. Is there a specific reason you need to take the kids to school in a car? distance/disability/no public transport?
    Its not just the cost of the car or course - its the association running costs and the impact on your surplus income that will be looked at as much as the value of the car itself.
  • hi thanks for the reply gardner the childrens school is 34 miles away and i dont have an option about there school as they live with me and there mum 50/50 so i cant change there school :/ but anyhow a 250 car would be a small price to pay i will appeal this decision although my or said i can keep it for work but not for taking kids to school which is bizzare
  • mwarby
    Forumite
    its more than £250 as TheGardener says, you've got

the car itself - £250
    tax - £150 a year
    mot and service - £100 a year (if lucky)
    insurance - £200-300 a year
    fuel
    tyres
    breakdown cover
    repairs

All these add up, especially if thought about over a 3 year IPA. The reason you can keep if needed for work, is that without it no income, no income no surplus

In your case though, have you checked they know ts 34 miles to school, and not three quarters of a mile, or 3-4 or 3/4 miles
  • mwarby
    Forumite
    Have you thought abut cost for bus/train, and how much that'd be. If you can say to the OR its the car or a bigger amount for public transport, maybe that'll go down better
  • Well this is my point without the car it would cost me 50 quid a week just to go pick the kids up and that's without the cost of taking then to school if have to set off at 6.30 with a five year old to school and a baby just think its clutching at straws abut TBH I'll double check she knows uts 34 miles to the school but thanks for the replies:beer:
  • Also I wish my insurance was 300 pounds a year mine is five times that TBH haha I wish !
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure