The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• Arthien
    Arthien Posts: 1,513
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hello all

Anyone in Worc A does have Sharpies in stock!

Mr T wrndon has a section of reduced stuff at the start of seasonal row. Nothing really cheap but they did have value toothpaste at 16p. Grabbed a few for shoe box appeal at Xmas. Still about 20 left.

Hth

Sorry I didn't get chance to check today, so all I know is A had 5 sharpies in as of Thursday :o

I still haven't done a shop for them yet so please let me know if the stock disappears :D

I used to do the shoebox appeals but then decided I didn't agree with the religious side of it so I gave my stash to the food bank instead. I used to enjoy doing them though, pity most charities say the money is more useful really.
  • Arthien
    Arthien Posts: 1,513
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Just wanted to add my tuppence worth about the caring situation. I mentioned previously that after caring so much for my grandparents and seeing other people in similar need, my dad set up his own caring company (more like general assistant/helper/gardener/cleaner/taxi driver company really :rotfl:)

Yes it costs money, but some councils have allowances or grants for such things, and it's nowhere near as much as a home. I've seen the difference he's made to his customers just from spending a few hours a week with them, it's so rewarding for both sides :)

I'd definitely recommend looking into this as an option if a home is too much of a change at the moment, as the older person may need more care than a family member can regularly manage, and carers deserve to have their own lives too. Judging by other family members in the same situation, it always seems to be the ones who can't say no, who feel obliged to carry on with the workload regardless of their own health and wellbeing, and that's not fair on anyone. I know there have been massive cuts, and that's why gatekeeping is so much of a problem, so I would say go back to the council for an assessment and don't take no for an answer! Good luck :)
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754
    Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    mrsmac10 wrote: »
    Thanks Told him to phone but don't think he will

Today and yesterday I seem to have overstepped in my job role. I am totally frustrated as there are special rules for one dept (which I cant agree)and wondering if it is all worth the hassle

When you have integrity, it's hard not to do the best you can for the company that pays your wages. Sometimes you can step on people's toes but I'm sure you have everyone's best interests at heart mrsmac.

I never saw you as a "yes" lady:D
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754
    Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    Sarahdol75 wrote: »
    Good morning everyone.

I will be lurking for a while, RL is a bit all over the place at the moment, I thought I had it bad with my eldest, but no he is an angel, compared to what the youngest is getting up to.

If any big glitches appear, please shout or pm, I will try and pop on even just to read xx

I know it's hard to believe it Sarah, but most come through the other side of their teenage years as transformed characters. Wishing you all well and yes we will shout if there's a glitch:D

And hello to nanny:)
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • Tinasmummy
    Tinasmummy Posts: 107
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hello everyone,

I'm off to catch up as I didn't get a chance to pop in yesterday.

hope you are all well :)
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,862
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    tweets wrote: »
    Slimming World you will be eating more than you do now and thinking you wont lose weight but if you eat the right stuff you will :D

Yes thats where im thinking of going, bloody hell i eat alot now, wont be enough time in the day:rotfl::rotfl:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    Forumite
    Hello TM and TM(2) :D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Forumite
    bubbs wrote: »
    Yes thats where im thinking of going, bloody hell i eat alot now, wont be enough time in the day:rotfl::rotfl:

Here you go ;)

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5609421&page=13

Start by looking at the first post :D
  • bubbs
    Forumite
    tweets wrote: »
    Here you go ;)

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5609421&page=13

Start by looking at the first post :D

Ok boss:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: i will go to a class though as well
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    good evening all

Please can I ask the mobile phone experts a question pretty please.

I noticed on 10 ways a link for a EE sim only deal.

I am with EE but out of contract so I think we are just rolling - OH pays for both our SIM onlys. So all OH would need to do is to remove my phone on line - is it that simple?

If I get this new EE deal can I transfer my current mobile number across to the new sim.

when this new sim arrives what happens - do I just put it in the phone?

Ive never done this sort of scary stuff before :o
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure