Debt-Free wanna be vs Maternity pay. Determined to stay on track.

Comments

• Hannah you sound so focused. Its brilliant. Love your updates. Sound like you are doing really well. xx
    2017- 5 credit cards plus loan
    Overdraft And 1 credit card paid off.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • Hi Hannah, just checked in and you sound totally on track, well done! Not long to go now eek!! We have Halifax regular savers for our boys which have 6% interest, might be worth a look x
  • Morning,

Thanks for the tip strummer I'll have a look. At the moment it's in a help to buy ISA in my name and DP has our savings in one in his. Thought it would look good for when the time is right to buy.

My sis has messaged saying she's had contractions in the night so fingers crossed this it is starting for her. Exciting.

DS isn't awake yet so I've just had toast and a brew alone it was lovely for a change. I have the midwife today at 10.30 DP is at work so DS will be coming with. I need milk and bananas so will pop to coop after. May grab the £5 deal if that have it to stock the freezer up a bit more. If DS is good in the appointment I'll take him to the cake shop and let him pick a treat as he gets all excited. Then I may pop to tesco and fill up the car a bit more as I've used most of the £20 from the other day visiting my sis and football yesterday! Downside to living in the middle of nowhere. I don't fancy stopping for petrol on the way to the labour ward though.

X
    emergency fund:£179/ £1000 Uniform/car fund:£
    boys savings £
    Christmas £60 bday £40 holiday £

Family loan £7000/£5425
    Credit Card 0% £2015.32 eon £435 overdrafts £1500/£1300
  • Grrrr big post lost!

I'm finding it really helps checking in before going near shops.

£7.88 spent in coop bread,bananas and milk then then £5 freezer deal

£5 for DS's hair to be cut

£2 on cakes I have a chocolate toffee Danish waiting for nap time! Yum yum!

X
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • Spendy day today. New phone arrived so I've ordered a otterbox me and DS drop my phone a lot so the £15 is worth the spend the amount I've broken previouse phones. Ordered off amazon so needed to spend £20 for free delivery so added screen protectors and the Orchard Spider game for DS. (Thanks for the tip Mrs Save) £23 spent in total. X
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • MrsSave
    MrsSave Posts: 1,817
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I hope he likes the game!
    Starting a new debt free journey
    Starting Debt: £5,250
    Current Debt: £4,995.50
    Amount Paid: £254.50 Percentage Paid: 4.84%
    Emergency Fund: £350
  • Morning,

Quick pop in as need to go to the shop. I've transferred £10 to the food account there is another couple of £2 in there too. Need to do a small coop shop to stock up on fresh foods. I've wrote a list and meal planned for the next 5ish days. Hopefully I can get it all for £12 DP gets paid tomorrow so will have more money then but trying to avoid dipping into savings so keeping things tight.

Going to try a new group at the children's centre today. Not sure how it will go it's an hour of structured class then an hour of free play. The problem is it's in the same room we do free play on Fridays so DS may be confused and struggle thinking it's the Friday group and want to potter around and play. Fingers crossed he enjoys the activities they have planned as it's a two hour session I could do weekly with him and the baby. X
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • Children's centre was good but I'm in agony now it was a lot of sitting on the floor and running round after DS as he has a little cold he was a bit snappy today so had to slltay close by him. Thinking more and more that pre school may need to be an option for him. I will pop in next time I'm by the one I want him to go to and price it up. I just don't want to add another monthly out going of over £100 to the bills when we are saving for a mortgage but I just feel he needs some more time around other children.

Spent £9 in coop and got everything I needed. Pay day for DP tomorrow hoping he gets paid enough to cover all bills and a small food budget until I get paid on the 15th but we shall see tomorrow. Hoping that things won't get out of hand once baby arrives either. I have car park money saved up and a house full of food for my mum when she comes to stay. If everything goes smoothly with no long hospital stays etc I should be able to stay in control but we shall see the savings are there if we need anything.

10 days till due date eeeek! X
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • chelseablue
    chelseablue Posts: 3,288
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    10 days?! So exciting!
  • I know!! Hoping it'll be less I'm ready now!!

Postman just been the lovely people at next decided it would be nice to send me a directory card!!! I chopped it straight up!!!! I can't be trusted!
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts