Illness due to chemicals in work?

2»

Comments

• Blatchford
    Blatchford Posts: 601 Forumite
    I have been in the business for years now, I changed the department but still workong with the chemicals.

There is evidence in as much as toxins found in samples in higher than normal levels, and evidence that this is causing my illness
    Excellent. Instruct a solicitor. It'll be a claim worth £millions. Or possibly unemployment. I'm betting on the latter.
  • theoretica
    theoretica Posts: 12,297 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    To demonstrate if the failing was with the health and safety procedures and equipment it would help if colleagues who had worked for a similar length of time also have raised levels of these toxins. Do you know if any have been tested?
    But a banker, engaged at enormous expense,
    Had the whole of their cash in his care.
    Lewis Carroll
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Which toxins are showing higher than normal levels, and is the raised level statistically significant?
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,455 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    How many other people who work for the company in similar roles, and have done so for as many years as you, have reported health problems due to the chemicals or reported inadequate or failing safety equipment? If the answer to that is very few or none, you have very little chance of proving any failing on the part of the company. If you feel that working in that type of environment is starting to affect your mental health you are probably best to try to find other employment.
  • Blatchford
    Blatchford Posts: 601 Forumite
    I have been in the business for years now, I changed the department but still workong with the chemicals.
    Funny that. On 19th September you'd just started this job that didn't have time to sign off Universal Credit - https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=6049821 In August a load of elderly parents needed full time care< In July you had myriads of posts about [STRIKE]how to scam[/STRIKE] Universal Credit. I smell a strong odour from under that there bridge...
  • Dox
    Dox Posts: 3,116 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I mean it builds up over the years, the problems I mean.

No matter how good the protective gear is, you still get a little in the blood and over the years the problems build up.

This is what has happened to me

Until a few weeks ago you were self-employed https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=76290498

Perhaps you should consider suing yourself?
  • robatwork
    robatwork Posts: 7,087 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Did you just watch Erin Brokovitch?
  • Again, your take on the science is simply wrong.

For one thing, everything that you consume us chemicals, and for another, no, not everything bioaccumulates. That’s what your kidneys and liver are for.

As others have said though, you’ve not been in the industry for years, you’ve just made that up for some reason.
  • VictorT
    VictorT Posts: 8 Forumite
    edited 8 October 2019 at 4:53PM
    Doesn't seem much point answering this, the detectives have got there first.
  • Well that, and the science is wrong, so his basic claim would be bunk even were he telling the truth.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure