PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 20th May 2019

Options

Comments

• Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Still have half cupboard of food to tidy, finished dailies, cleaned cupboard under sink and bins, wiped windowsill and stuff on it, had hair cut, went to exercise class and that's it.

Now all freshly clean and ready to go out tonight after dinner.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,777 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    AAAND

IN ADDITION TO AN EMPTY WASH BASKET I NOW ALSO HAVE AN EMPTY IRONING BASKET!

wooty wooty woot woot::j:j:j:j:j
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,426 Forumite
    Options
    Evening all, and welcome Turtle.

Had a good day, though not quite what I'd planned.

- did WMx1
    - cleared a bit of paperwork
    - returned some fishing nets to their owner (borrowed for use at the fete on Saturday)
    - visited nursing home
    - decluttered stuff to the CS
    - tried several times to ring my friend, but she was having a bad day and didn't answer (she has messaged me this evening)
    - cooked a proper dinner at lunchtime because I decided to take myself off to college this evening
    - took Rosie for an earlier walk than usual
    - drove to college, had tea with friends, chatted a lot, came home
    - watered the veg plot
    - made one phonecall and wrote follow-up email

Now planning to clear the ironing pile (2 shirts and a cotton teatowel) while watching Bake-Off on catch up TV. Wanna join Valli's gang!
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,842 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    My ironing is all done as well!!
    Yesterday
    Car cleaned inside and out
    Sort stuff out and bined some

Today to do
    Kitchen
    Cut lawn
    Volunteering
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • BadCat18
    BadCat18 Posts: 1,042 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Morning all,

Better nights sleep last night so feeling much perkier.

S/S of bathrooms were done yesterday so they should be relatively easy today. Have some errands to run so will do that after first bit of paid stuff. So plan is...

Breakfast!
    Shower
    Clean en-suite
    S/s kitchen
    Wash on line
    Paid stuff
    Post office
    Collect shoes ordered for a couple of events later this year
    Bag to charity shop
    More paid stuff
    Another wash load if it stays dry
    Clean and tidy office

Righto, if I am going to get that lot done I had better shake a tail feather!

Have good day all.
  • Mademoiselle
    Mademoiselle Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all

Fluttering along slowly here as work still going on for another week I guess.

Yesterday I sorted through another box of things for out boat, so we now have a full set of clean cutlery, kettle descalled and pan lid & colander found and put through DW too. I am trying to do a few bits each day (not today as I work all day but all other days). Urgent food shopping bought along with chocolate (oops!). Paperwork taken to bank.

Today so far
    Up, showered and dressed
    OH emptied DW
    Dinner sorted for tonight
    No washing to be done (2 part loads so it can wait until tomorrow), no I might go and strip DD1 bed, she might be home this weekend and clean sheets are always a treat.

Off to work in a bit so will go and strip DD1 bed and get that in the machine and then sort my bag out for today and have another coffee before I go

Have a nice day!
  • nicki_2
    nicki_2 Posts: 7,321 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning all.

Turtle- welcome :hello:

Not much flying will be happening here today.One: I'm not feeling that great today as it's wet out (and I knew that before I flew to the window this morning to see what all the police cars with sirens was about at 6am:wall:) so my whole body is aching. Then two: I have a physio appointment at 12 and need to pick up a prescription from the doctors on the way. All in all I'm going to be leaving here about 10am and not getting back until 2pm at the earliest due to bus times and whether I will feel like popping to the shops near the hospital for a mooch. DS is out at a youth club this evening so it's a solo tea for me tonight (I have batched cooked stuff in the freezer) and probably an earlyish night.

Manic Monday ~ Kitchen
    Level One

Mop floors
    Extras
    Clean detergent dispensers

Mad Tuesday - Living room, Hallway, Stairs
    Level Two

Dust those flat fluffy surfaces
    Level Three
    Clean windows, pictures, mirrors etc.
    Extras
    Wipe woodwork in the hall and stairs & wipe front door.. inside and out!
    Wash any nets/curtains that need cleaning.. put up fresh ones!
    15 minutes filing

Bathrooms - Wednesday
    Level One

Wash any curtains/blinds/mats etc that need doing
    Level Two
    Vacuum the floor
    Clean bath, toilets, shower and sinks
    Wipe down the tiles
    Level Three
    Clean the windows.
    Extras
    • HHI..
    • Clear a hotspot
    • Degunge around the bottoms of the taps

Before I go anywhere I need to go shower and turf DS out of bed. He may want to catch up on his sleep, but things need to be done today so he can shift himself so I know he's up. He can do all the jobs he was supposed to do yesterday but instead spent the time sitting on the sofa watching stuff on his phone while crocheting to "stay out my way" while I worked. :mad: I didn't even register how long he was doing that for as I was so busy working.

I'll be back later to remind myself of what's on the list if I feel up to it. If not, I'll see you in the morning :wave:
    Creeping back in for accountability after falling off the wagon in 2016.
    Need to get back to old style in modern ways, watching the pennies and getting stuff done!
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,894 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all
    I treated myself to getting up when DH left for work and taking my cuppa back to bed to read for half an hour.
    DD has an afternoon exam today so I am taking her in on my way to getting my hair cut. Opposite direction and 2 different towns, obviously.
    So far this morning I have
    - emptied the dw
    - washed a small load of clothes and hung them out
    - stripped out bed and put bedding into the wm
    -put the oven shelves into soak
    - sorted out the greenhouse and various pots.
    Just catching up with some breakfast then my plan is NOT to go into the garden but to tackle the bathroom now that DD is up and out of it.
    Back later. Have a good day all.
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,894 Forumite
    Options
    Oven clean. To quote Valli: :j :j wooty wooty woot :j:j
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,997 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I don't know what I read, I am unable to retain information for 5 seconds lately.. I have drugged my hayfever so my brain is a jelly baby!.. my laptop is filthy..

Lists I have a million of.. and I even managed to tick off 3 things this month.. its a start right??

Bathroom and wc measured for flooring and tiles.. £1,000,000

I absolutely LOVE the shower.. beyond all rational behaviour I love it.

Washing all up to date.. thats a plus!
    Tiddles saga last night.. she is ok but I didn't get the planned dinner cooked so I'm doing that tonight since OH is off today.. first day off since last Thursday!

My resized ring is still too big! I can't have it made smaller due to the setting.. not really sure what to do tbh. I may resort to gluing it to my finger.. is that extreme? I think it is the diamond is too flipping big and the weight tips the ring over, whatever the reason it is driving me mad being sideways on ALL the time! I just swapped them around to see if it makes any difference.. it's not tipped yet!

I am STILL chasing up DS3's prescriptions.. I am thinking we should make an appointment to go and sort his repeat because it is driving me batty the amount of stuff on his repeat and half of it has changed so double the stuff as the surgery never seem to take anything off! There is obviously all his diabetes meds and stuff.. and then AD's and now his eczema stuff.. 11 items he regularly gets monthly.. it is mental!

I have OH sorting the garden every spare minute.. it is not safe for the girls out there and loads to go to tip.. so that is being sorted today.. stuff we want to be moved away from the gate and stuff which can leave to be moved towards the gate and stacked in sell/tip/donate piles.. very few bits to sell but the tip will love us!

My next big thing I have to do it find the middle room.. it is a total sty.. I just cannot cope with this level of clutter and junk and gooness knows what else.. something needs to go !

anyway.. food things first.. chicken out for dinner and lunch for me .. Twinkle is having hopdogs so has just gone to shop with OH to buy them.

Love and huge hugs to everyone and big fluffy welcomes to all you noobs.. xxx
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts