Basic Bank Account Thread

Comments

• moonlightpjs
    moonlightpjs Posts: 1,583 Forumite
    I did state which account with the Natwest and when I questioned the Yorkshire they said it had been referred to head office and head office said no offer of any kind would be made to me - they had intially applied for a current account which was not what I asked for and I asked today if I could have a Readycash account and they said no. They both just said it was information received re: adverse cedit which obviously I knew about and to contact the credit reference agencies which doesn't help me at the moment as I don't have an account to have my money paid into. No history of bankruptcy.
  • premiere
    premiere Posts: 32 Forumite
    weller711 wrote:
    I did state which account with the Natwest and when I questioned the Yorkshire they said it had been referred to head office and head office said no offer of any kind would be made to me - they had intially applied for a current account which was not what I asked for and I asked today if I could have a Readycash account and they said no. They both just said it was information received re: adverse cedit which obviously I knew about and to contact the credit reference agencies which doesn't help me at the moment as I don't have an account to have my money paid into. No history of bankruptcy.

You posted a message in another thread saying that you had been accepted for a full blown Citibank account with visa debit card and cheque book, so why are you still applying for basic accounts?? Or did you get knocked back for the Citibank account 'after' being accepted??

I ask, cos I'm waiting to hear from Citibank about my application...
  • moonlightpjs
    premiere wrote:
    You posted a message in another thread saying that you had been accepted for a full blown Citibank account with visa debit card and cheque book, so why are you still applying for basic accounts?? Or did you get knocked back for the Citibank account 'after' being accepted??

Sorry, I have been accepted but I had to write a cheque from my current bank to Citibank to open an account and because I am so overdrawn I think the cheque will bounce and I wasn't sure if Citibank would still allow me an account if this happened so I was just trying to cover all bases if you know what I mean. The cheque hasn't been presented yet so am a bit worried though I called them to explain and they just said I would have to go into a Lloyds bank once I get my new account details to pay some money in to the account (Citibank only have branches in London I think so you must be able to pay in at a Lloyds bank). Sorry for the confusion. How long ago did you apply and have you sent your form, id and cheque back yet, if so why not give them a call to chase it up?
  • moonlightpjs
    premiere wrote:

Don't like the fact that you are implying that I am lying!!!!!
  • HeaddyMX
    HeaddyMX Posts: 185 Forumite
    Thanks for the thread. I recently moved from NatWaste to the Cooperative Bank for my main account (never going back), but recently I've run into problems with the provided Visa Electron card. I'm going to research some others banks for additional accounts.
  • pukkamum
    pukkamum Posts: 3,942 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I am new to this forum hope someone can help me I have a cardcash account with RBS i am desperate to have a debit card as cant buy on internet or order tickets etc if i ask them for one will they then do a credit check? bit worried cos dont want to have a failed application posted on my credit file.
    I don't get nearly enough credit for not being a violent psychopath.
  • premiere
    premiere Posts: 32 Forumite
    weller711 wrote:
    Don't like the fact that you are implying that I am lying!!!!!

No...No...Sorry if that's how it came across.

I was just thinking that maybe you had been accepted and then got given a dear john by Citibank. It's just that I didn't want to get my hopes up (IE possibly accepted) only then to be rejected!!

I am sorry if I gave the wrong impression...

As for calling them... I did earlier. Sent the form back early last week...they said they haven't received it yet
  • premiere wrote:
    No...No...Sorry if that's how it came across.

I was just thinking that maybe you had been accepted and then got given a dear john by Citibank. It's just that I didn't want to get my hopes up (IE possibly accepted) only then to be rejected!!

I am sorry if I gave the wrong impression...

As for calling them... I did earlier. Sent the form back early last week...they said they haven't received it yet

It did take me a while to get a decision - just over a week till they recieved forms, a couple of days to process it and then a decision. Jst try again in a couple of days. Hope you get the account.

Sorry about previous e-mail - I'm female and just getting a bit upset with the bank thing and my current bank have me in tears everyday. Just seem to be taking everything the wrong way - hubby says I'm driving him mad and its only banks!!!!! Anyway, things will get sorted sooner or later.
  • pukkamum wrote:
    I am new to this forum hope someone can help me I have a cardcash account with RBS i am desperate to have a debit card as cant buy on internet or order tickets etc if i ask them for one will they then do a credit check? bit worried cos dont want to have a failed application posted on my credit file.

They probably would but Natwest offer a Solo card on their basic account, Yorshire bank offer a Maestro card and Co-Operative & Halifax offer Electron on their basic accounts, you could try them too if you get declined from RBS, if you have been a good customer they may well give you one to keep your customer, especially if you say you'll walk away otherwise....
    £2 Coin Savers Club (Christmas)- £86
    £1 Jar (Christmas)- £29
    Christmas Vouchers Saved: £145
  • Hi

I have a cash account with Lloyds but i hate the fact I don't have a debit card and being disabled this can be a huge problem.

Some one suggested Citibank but it doesn't seem to be a basic account are you sure they won't reject me outright?

Also I'm worried about loosing control of my spending again has anyone got any advice?

Melanie
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport