Nine KitKats bars for £1.12 at Sainsburys

Bougainvillea
Bougainvillea Posts: 643 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
edited 15 June 2010 at 3:45PM in It's gone, but was it any good?
Sainsbury's stores are selling packs of 9 chunky bars for £1.12, which works out at under 13p for a 50g bar. The packs are showing on the website as £2.24 but are half price instore. Enjoy!

Official MoneySavingexpert.com insert:

Thanks to Bouganvillea for this find. So to confirm Sainsbury’s are now selling Kit Kat Chunky 9 packs for half price at £1.12 in Sainsbury’s locals stores only, and the offer ends Tues 6 July.

[threadbanner] box [/threadbanner]

Comments

• bcl999
    bcl999 Posts: 3,620 Forumite
    That's good! I got the 5pk at £1 from my local Sainsbury just the other day and they were supposed to be on offer. Never seen a 9pk of these before.
  • Claire_DC
    Claire_DC Posts: 1,269 Forumite
    http://www.metro.co.uk/news/818000-nestle-faces-kitkat-boycott-over-links-to-palm-oil-killing-orangutans-claim

Not trying to preach but seeing this and other related news articles has made me think twice about buying kit kats. I thought some people *may* want to know about it... if you're not bothered then that is also fine, as I said I'm not trying to preach. :-)

They have apparently agreed to stop using the company but not immediately I am sure, so I am still holding off buying them for now! x
    Lost lbs =
    Gained £s = Quidco £261.90, Free Fivers £22.26, Matched Betting
  • :mad: You just know the palm oil company will find another unscruplous corporate buyer anyway. Nestle also don't care about pushing/advertising dried baby milk to 3rd world countries who don't have access to clean water, can you imagine a poor 3rd world country mother boiling the bottles? or throwing away a half drunk baby bottle, fridges would be a luxury. Nestle are unscruplous.
  • Patr100
    Patr100 Posts: 2,576 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Thanks to Bouganvillea for this find. So to confirm Sainsbury’s are now selling Kit Kat Chunky 9 packs for half price at £1.12 in Sainsbury’s locals stores only, and the offer ends Tues 6 July.

NO. Not in my local Sainsburys they aren't - I just checked today.
    They were the same as the web price. £2.24
  • rsykes2000
    rsykes2000 Posts: 2,494 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Got some in the Leeds centre Sainsbury's Local today for 1.12, cheers OP :)
    Patr100 - was in a Sainsburys Local (ie a smaller one) as specified above, or a standard one ?
  • Patr100
    rsykes2000 wrote: »
    Got some in the Leeds centre Sainsbury's Local today for 1.12, cheers OP :)
    Patr100 - was in a Sainsburys Local (ie a smaller one) as specified above, or a standard one ?

Oh I see now , it's only in "local" stores.
    I was in a normal store.
  • fazeypie
    fazeypie Posts: 1,542 Forumite
    I think they are £1 for a pack of 9 in tesco at the mo, all varieties!
    July- coconut body shop body butter, pom bear football, mini johnsons lotion, Sally Hansen nail treatments
  • nottseagull
    nottseagull Posts: 300 Forumite
    Patr100 wrote: »
    Oh I see now , it's only in "local" stores.
    I was in a normal store.

I was also misled by the lower case L in "Local". If you don't have any in your town, you're unlikely to know there is a difference.
  • Patr100
    I was also misled by the lower case L in "Local". If you don't have any in your town, you're unlikely to know there is a difference.

Yes. Some people are likey to read "local" as opposed to "online".
  • 5 for £1 at Sainsburys Denton
    Born and bred in Manchester (proud of it)
    Now living on the other side of the Pennines
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport