Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Nikko672
    • By Nikko672 4th Dec 19, 8:24 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 4Thanks
    Nikko672
    Paid in USD to UK Bank Account and Withdrawing in USD
    • 4th Dec 19, 8:24 PM
    Paid in USD to UK Bank Account and Withdrawing in USD 4th Dec 19 at 8:24 PM
    Hi MSE. I was hoping to get some advice. I am starting a new job in Lebanon, where I will be paid in USD to a UK-based bank account. Whilst in Lebanon, I will be making card payments and frequently withdrawing cash in USD.

What's the best way for me to avoid losing out on too many currency conversions and fees?

At the moment I am thinking I might ask them to pay me into my GBP Starling account, as I can then withdraw cash in USD without being charged each time. However, it seems kind of mad to be paid in USD, have it converted into GBP, and then withdraw in USD. And I'm worried I would lose out because of so many conversations.

Is there a better alternative?

Thank you in advance for any help.
Page 2
    • Voyager2002
    • By Voyager2002 15th Dec 19, 6:50 PM
    • 13,434 Posts
    • 9,256 Thanks
    Voyager2002
    Thanks a lot for your response. Iíve looked a little into USD accounts but it seems like there are often a lot of costs attached that would really start to add up if I used it as my main account for receiving and spending money. Iím definitely open to it though if it adds up. Do you have any recommendations?
    Originally posted by Nikko672

Well, I used Citibank (they have a London branch).

Someone else mentioned Fineco, which I now use for different reasons. If they issued you with a UD$ ATM card and you used it only to withdraw dollars then costs would be minimal.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,039Posts Today

6,539Users online

Martin's Twitter