Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • NorthantsPete81
    • By NorthantsPete81 4th Dec 19, 1:23 PM
    • 37Posts
    • 13Thanks
    NorthantsPete81
    PCN but I bought a itcket :/
    • 4th Dec 19, 1:23 PM
    PCN but I bought a itcket :/ 4th Dec 19 at 1:23 PM
    Edited for security
    Last edited by NorthantsPete81; 13-12-2019 at 11:07 AM.
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 4th Dec 19, 1:40 PM
    • 79,154 Posts
    • 93,012 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 4th Dec 19, 1:40 PM
    • 4th Dec 19, 1:40 PM
    Depends which PPC as to whether POPLA is available. Which PPC?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • Ralph-y
    • By Ralph-y 4th Dec 19, 2:00 PM
    • 3,360 Posts
    • 4,310 Thanks
    Ralph-y
    • 4th Dec 19, 2:00 PM
    • 4th Dec 19, 2:00 PM
    hi, and welcome to the forum ........

there will be plenty for you to read up on ...

go to the newbies thread

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

other useful info

HOW TO USE THE FORUM SEARCH FUNCTION:

Use the Forum Jump button (one near the top and one near the bottom of this page) to get back to the forum thread list. Just above the threads, on the right, is a heading along a line, next to forum tools, called 'Search this Forum'. Put your key word(s) in and change the default search from 'Show Threads' to 'Show Posts'.

NEWBIES - HOW TO UPLOAD LINKS TO PHOTOS/SCANS TO MSE

To upload a photo/scan link, you first need to host it on a free photo hosting site (like Dropbox, Imurg or Tinypic), copy the URL, paste it here, but change the http to hxxp and we'll do the conversion. Newbies can't directly upload links to photos/scans until they've a few posts under their belt.

what is the court like ...
    Have a look at this short video:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=n93eoaxhzpU

Oh ... and using a phone to browse the site can cause problems.. so please try a laptop/PC

Ralph
    • NorthantsPete81
    • By NorthantsPete81 4th Dec 19, 2:07 PM
    • 37 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    NorthantsPete81
    • 4th Dec 19, 2:07 PM
    • 4th Dec 19, 2:07 PM
    its Cicil Enforcement Ltd. www.ce-service.co.uk

their appeals is sneaky, it asks if you are the driver and then if youre the keeper before giving you an online appeals form.

I havent done either .
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 4th Dec 19, 2:32 PM
    • 79,154 Posts
    • 93,012 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 4th Dec 19, 2:32 PM
    • 4th Dec 19, 2:32 PM
    You can appeal without ticking the driver box, can't you.

And you can check the PCN against the POFA para 9, for exact wording...
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • NorthantsPete81
    • By NorthantsPete81 5th Dec 19, 9:10 AM
    • 37 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    NorthantsPete81
    • 5th Dec 19, 9:10 AM
    • 5th Dec 19, 9:10 AM
    so should i appeal or skip the appeal
    Last edited by NorthantsPete81; 13-12-2019 at 11:08 AM.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 5th Dec 19, 9:14 AM
    • 25,843 Posts
    • 33,256 Thanks
    Redx
    • 5th Dec 19, 9:14 AM
    • 5th Dec 19, 9:14 AM
    Use the blue text template , unchanged , as keeper not driver

Don't look for alternative paths , they are a fools errand

If you think that claiming "it wasn't me" is good enough , you haven't done enough research , start with POFA , it's been in force 7 years
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • NorthantsPete81
    • By NorthantsPete81 5th Dec 19, 9:18 AM
    • 37 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    NorthantsPete81
    • 5th Dec 19, 9:18 AM
    • 5th Dec 19, 9:18 AM
    ok cheers
    Youd think i could just send screenshots of my valid parking receipt and they would go away?
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 5th Dec 19, 9:45 AM
    • 15,977 Posts
    • 16,767 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 5th Dec 19, 9:45 AM
    • 5th Dec 19, 9:45 AM
    Nearly everything yu need to know is contained in the stickies/FAQs, please read them.

Nine times out of ten these tickets are scams, so consider complaining to your MP after the election, as it can cause the scammer extra costs and work, and has been known to get the charge cancelled.

Parliament is well aware of the MO of these private parking companies, many of whom are former clampers, and on 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these shysters. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, persistent offenders denied access to the DVLA database and unable to operate.

Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers, but until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 5th Dec 19, 9:51 AM
    • 7,504 Posts
    • 8,067 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    You can send screen shots of your payment but they will likely ignore it anyway on the basis that you didn't buy a ticket inside their made-up rule that says you must do so within ten minutes! However it will look good later (in court if it gets that far) that you have tried to sort it out without the need for litigation. If/when you get a POPLA code (assuming it is BPA) then you can use (as you can in court) frustration of contract due to their faulty app.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 5th Dec 19, 9:58 AM
    • 25,843 Posts
    • 33,256 Thanks
    Redx
    As above , I would do so , because they should cancel after seeing payment was made , look up de minimis

But stay as Keeper and an occupant of the vehicle

No I parked , I bought a ticket , keep it ambiguous , a ticket was purchased and a copy is attached
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • NorthantsPete81
    • By NorthantsPete81 5th Dec 19, 12:03 PM
    • 37 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    NorthantsPete81
    cheers guys, think i have all i need.

Ill fire over an initial appeal first then as they are BPA escalate and provide evidence.
    • NorthantsPete81
    • By NorthantsPete81 13th Dec 19, 10:38 AM
    • 37 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    NorthantsPete81
    typical - no recipts and their app is so bad it doesnt show history...
    IT DOES show i visited the site as it is listed as a favourite.. so ill screenshot that, appeal and see what they say
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,172Posts Today

6,849Users online

Martin's Twitter