Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mj1981
    • By Mj1981 3rd Dec 19, 3:33 PM
    • 16Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Mj1981
    Elite Management (Midlands) LTD
    • 3rd Dec 19, 3:33 PM
    Elite Management (Midlands) LTD 3rd Dec 19 at 3:33 PM
    Today i parked on a car park (as I have done for the last 2 days) first day paid and displayed no problem, 2nd day machine was out of order so left a note on the screen saying so..

Today get there and machine is still out of order - left the same note saying the machine wasn't working so couldnt obtain a ticket... there was no instructions on what to do if the machine was out of order and there are no other meters to use in the vicinity. (I did take pics of the out of order machine on both occasions as well)

Today i came back to a ticket on the window from this company - there were 6 other cars on the car park all displaying no tickets (the one next to me was there before we arrived as it had a flat tyre so i noticed that one in particular) but non of the others had the yellow sticker on the window.

I have done a bit of searching for this company to see if its enforceable and came across this;

https://www.britishparking.co.uk/News/bpa-terminates-membership-of-elite-parking-management-midlands-ltd/238346

I rang the BPA just to double check and the lady said their membership was terminated and they do not have access to the DVLA database... does this mean I can just ignore the parking fine as they have no way of finding out my address?

I will be needing to park on the same car park for the rest of this week and next week.... but if they don't sort the machine I wont be able to pay and display? There isn't another car park near by to use
    Last edited by Mj1981; 03-12-2019 at 3:44 PM.
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 3rd Dec 19, 3:42 PM
    • 25,838 Posts
    • 33,255 Thanks
    Redx
    • 3rd Dec 19, 3:42 PM
    • 3rd Dec 19, 3:42 PM
    Correct

I would not be using their car park , no matter what , especially if they are not fixing broken machines and then issuing PCN,s , they are sc@mmers , stay away entirely

Do not contact them , come back if anything comes in the post about it
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Half_way
    • By Half_way 3rd Dec 19, 3:52 PM
    • 4,996 Posts
    • 7,381 Thanks
    Half_way
    • 3rd Dec 19, 3:52 PM
    • 3rd Dec 19, 3:52 PM
    this is not a fine, do not contact them, wait to see is they contact you before doing anything.
    Secondly, were you born in 1981, and are your initials M J?
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 4th Dec 19, 2:29 AM
    • 79,154 Posts
    • 93,009 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 4th Dec 19, 2:29 AM
    • 4th Dec 19, 2:29 AM
    I would park there. Perfectly safe!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • BrownTrout
    • By BrownTrout 4th Dec 19, 8:21 AM
    • 861 Posts
    • 1,257 Thanks
    BrownTrout
    • 4th Dec 19, 8:21 AM
    • 4th Dec 19, 8:21 AM
    I would park there to
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 4th Dec 19, 8:48 AM
    • 4,051 Posts
    • 6,511 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 4th Dec 19, 8:48 AM
    • 4th Dec 19, 8:48 AM
    And this is the Muppet who you are dealing with:

https://www.shropshirestar.com/news/crime/2016/09/27/1-coin-fraudster-from-bridgnorth-must-pay-back-90000/

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/06733401/insolvency
    Last edited by fisherjim; 04-12-2019 at 8:54 AM.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 4th Dec 19, 9:08 AM
    • 15,976 Posts
    • 16,766 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 4th Dec 19, 9:08 AM
    • 4th Dec 19, 9:08 AM
    Hang on, their website is showing the BPC roundel.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 4th Dec 19, 9:51 AM
    • 26,044 Posts
    • 42,361 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 4th Dec 19, 9:51 AM
    • 4th Dec 19, 9:51 AM
    Hang on, their website is showing the BPC roundel.
    Originally posted by The Deep
    Have they merged to form a single ATA, now known as the British Parking Community?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day;
    show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • STP_98
    • By STP_98 9th Dec 19, 8:39 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    STP_98
    • 9th Dec 19, 8:39 AM
    • 9th Dec 19, 8:39 AM
    Hi my son went to a concert in Birmingham yesterday and parked in a car park managed by Elite Parking. He paid the correct fee but did not note that the car park closed at 10pm. He arrived to find the car park locked. Car is still in the car park in Birmingham - he has had to go to work. The number on the board at the car park went straight to voice mail. On closer inspection it seems that this number does not work until 9am. So my question is as we cannot collect the car until after 6pm this evening (we live in Nottingham) should I call them to let them know that the car will be collected later and offer to pay for parking all day today or do nothing? The car park itself is Zellig Centre Car Park if that is at all helpful. Any advice gratefully received.
    • waamo
    • By waamo 9th Dec 19, 8:45 AM
    • 8,350 Posts
    • 11,450 Thanks
    waamo
    Hi my son went to a concert in Birmingham yesterday and parked in a car park managed by Elite Parking. He paid the correct fee but did not note that the car park closed at 10pm. He arrived to find the car park locked. Car is still in the car park in Birmingham - he has had to go to work. The number on the board at the car park went straight to voice mail. On closer inspection it seems that this number does not work until 9am. So my question is as we cannot collect the car until after 6pm this evening (we live in Nottingham) should I call them to let them know that the car will be collected later and offer to pay for parking all day today or do nothing? The car park itself is Zellig Centre Car Park if that is at all helpful. Any advice gratefully received.
    Originally posted by STP_98
    Silence is golden
    This space for hire.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 9th Dec 19, 8:46 AM
    • 26,044 Posts
    • 42,361 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    I'd do everything possible to get down there to pick up the car as soon as possible, not leave it until 6pm. Don't phone Elite - they won't help.

Elite are a nasty bunch, recently kicked out of the BPA so unable to access your son's data, so any parking ticket they issue can't be followed up. However, if they deem the car has been abandoned - anything could happen. They are noted for towing away.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask.
    • STP_98
    • By STP_98 9th Dec 19, 9:13 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    STP_98
    Thanks. I wish I could get there earlier. Muppet of a son has taken keys and he works in a hospital so cannot even get hold of him.
    • STP_98
    • By STP_98 10th Dec 19, 2:43 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    STP_98
    Got the car back late afternoon - no ticket - all good - glad I didn't call Elite - appreciate the advice guys. Thanks
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 10th Dec 19, 3:10 PM
    • 26,044 Posts
    • 42,361 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Got the car back late afternoon - no ticket - all good - glad I didn't call Elite - appreciate the advice guys. Thanks
    Originally posted by STP_98
    Really pleased that's worked out well for you. As I said, Elite have been partial to a bit of lifting/towing, then you'd have some unraveling to do if they had deemed the car 'abandoned'.

Thanks for feeding back to us, I was wondering this morning about how you'd got on with recovering the car.

Bullet dodged I think.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

930Posts Today

6,728Users online

Martin's Twitter