Setting up SO from Santander 123 Lite

Options
Trying to set up online a new standing order from my Santander 123 Lite current account to another bank. All fine until the last page when it says SO set up not successful and to call them.

Anyone know if this is likely to be a temporary glitsch and I should wait a bit? Or more serious?

Comments

• PRAISETHESUN
    Options
    I'd at least try at a few different times of the day, possibly from different PCs/devices. If you continue to have issues then you'll be able to phone up and ask them to set it up for you.
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,974 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You get that message even if you typed anything incorrectly in the SO security set up, OTP etc.

Just try again and make sure you type it correctly.
  • Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    This is usually caused because the OTP is case sensitive but they don't tell you this and it never used to be an issue anyway. But now it is.

Use capital letters where the text uses them and you should be okay.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,856 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 4 December 2019 at 1:50PM
    Options
    The OTP is only case sensitive when you are using the PITA "new" way as was discussed in another thread which also gives the get around. https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=6059908&highlight=
  • Notepad_Phil
    Notepad_Phil Posts: 1,379 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 4 December 2019 at 10:36PM
    Options
    Trying to set up online a new standing order from my Santander 123 Lite current account to another bank. All fine until the last page when it says SO set up not successful and to call them.

Anyone know if this is likely to be a temporary glitsch and I should wait a bit? Or more serious?

What date are you putting in for the SO to start on - are you sure that it is a working day?

I had an issue when I tried setting up a SO last month which gave the same message as you. The reason was that I had put in the 1st December not realising that it was on a weekend. Previously the site would have taken the date and behind the scenes corrected it to be the first working day, but not now. There is an alternative way to add a SO but I don't have access to the site to figure out what it was - but I know that someone has recently posted about the new method on one of the forums (probably this one, Savings & Investments or Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning :) )

Found it here - https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=76497123&postcount=21
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. I phoned Santander yesterday and a very helpful lady set the SO up for me.

I think the problem was that I was setting it up for monthly payments on the first of each month, with the first payment due on 1 January (a bank holiday). As said above, Santander's system would previously have moved the first payment to 2nd January. Now you would have to enter the first payment as 2nd January in this situation. I didn't try to set up the SO online using this method, but it certainly appears that the problem was that I was entering a bank holiday date for the first payment resulting in the system rejecting the whole thing.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,856 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    As posted above, the system still allows you to do that - I set some up for 1st a couple of days ago - if you follow the advice in the linked post.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure