Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Nathan531
    • By Nathan531 4th Dec 19, 5:42 PM
    • 9Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Nathan531
    LBC and Debt Collection
    • 4th Dec 19, 5:42 PM
    LBC and Debt Collection 4th Dec 19 at 5:42 PM
    I appreciate the threads, but can someone just say what to do. I have about 15+ tabs open right now looking at stuff and as someone who doesn't deal with this stuff, you're just all over the place because you want to make the right decision and everywhere is "go to the thread" "use the thread" "just follow the thread" and you lose track. Just want to make sure I do the right things.

I have a LBC which I've emailed gladstones and ukcpm for a SAR. Then when they get back to me with the court claim, I then start to build a case and just use everything they've sent, abuse of process, exorbitant charge, minuscule signage, how me being there didn't not make them lose money at that moment of time, unenforceable contract due to no ticket machine, 60 charge being an abuse of process, etc? I'll keep following the threads of course.

For the debt collection by newlyn, I know they can't litigate and their letter came out the blue with no prior letters. After this, does it turn into a LBC or go straight to a court claim? If they send people, I'm sure I can ignore them as they can't issue law. What if they call police to make me open up? Just explain the situation to the officers I guess.

I know you prolific posters don't like new threads but oh well.

Thanks
Page 1
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 4th Dec 19, 6:04 PM
    • 18,997 Posts
    • 23,669 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 4th Dec 19, 6:04 PM
    • 4th Dec 19, 6:04 PM
    Is this about the same incident as your UK Car Park Management Limited thread?
    • Nathan531
    • By Nathan531 5th Dec 19, 3:58 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Nathan531
    • 5th Dec 19, 3:58 PM
    • 5th Dec 19, 3:58 PM
    Yes, it is. And the debt collection from newlyn came out of the blue, with nothing prior
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 5th Dec 19, 4:03 PM
    • 41,340 Posts
    • 91,621 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 5th Dec 19, 4:03 PM
    • 5th Dec 19, 4:03 PM
    If you have an existing thread you are asked not to start another one on the same subject.

Use the edit then advanced edit function to replace the title and text of your first post above to read, duplicate thread, please ignore.

The NEWBIES already tells you what to do about debt crawlers.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

773Posts Today

6,266Users online

Martin's Twitter