Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Anniemac123
    • By Anniemac123 4th Dec 19, 11:10 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Anniemac123
    Medical records amendment
    • 4th Dec 19, 11:10 PM
    Medical records amendment 4th Dec 19 at 11:10 PM
    Hi Iím new here.
    Saw an old post from years ago about amendments to patient records and just looking for advice.
    I was referred to X clinic to get bloods monitored regularly and after 3 years monitoring I had to have an operation. Thatís all fine and all done now. However during the monitoring bloods the clinic always told me to phone to get results but they very seldom got back to me. Thatís fine too. But one day I mentioned the lack of communication to the consultant and from that day Iíve always been treated differently (waiting 3hrs to be seen, disrespected, everyone in nhs rude to me, bloods started getting taken aggressively) and Iím sure itís because I must have said something to upset the consultant and they have written something on my records which is why I think Iím getting treated differently now?

Does anyone know how to see all the notes medical professionals have written about me and if possible to get the notes removed?

I just want the comments about me removed (or the comments I said if I offended them) not anything to do with treatment or diagnosis.

During my operation, my hospital stay was not very nice and I was getting rude looks and staff making funny comments about the temperature of my room and laughing as it was extremely cold but I didnít want to say anything as I didnít want to make things get worse during my 1 week stay in hospital.

Iím worried that if I need future treatment then these notes will be looked at and the negative behaviour towards me will continue.

Thanks
Page 1
    • Mr_Singleton
    • By Mr_Singleton 4th Dec 19, 11:55 PM
    • 1,666 Posts
    • 2,594 Thanks
    Mr_Singleton
    • 4th Dec 19, 11:55 PM
    • 4th Dec 19, 11:55 PM
    Without knowing the other side of the story it's hard to offer any advice.
    It does though all seem very one-sided and to be honest more than a little odd.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 5th Dec 19, 2:46 AM
    • 31,874 Posts
    • 66,185 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    • 5th Dec 19, 2:46 AM
    • 5th Dec 19, 2:46 AM
    It's your record, and you have every right to see a copy upon written request. There may be a fee involved to reflect the work involved in making a copy.

Notes cannot be deleted by law. Dated amendments can however be made.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
    • unrecordings
    • By unrecordings 5th Dec 19, 9:35 AM
    • 1,586 Posts
    • 5,881 Thanks
    unrecordings
    • 5th Dec 19, 9:35 AM
    • 5th Dec 19, 9:35 AM
    Given the complicated bobbins I'm going through and the general !!!! covering that goes on in the NHS, I'd be incredibly surprised if someone added notes to that effect on your record. Treat them all as individuals, get hold of the records and put your mind at rest.
    Why am I in this handcart and where are we going ?
    • oystercatcher
    • By oystercatcher 5th Dec 19, 4:00 PM
    • 1,957 Posts
    • 5,007 Thanks
    oystercatcher
    • 5th Dec 19, 4:00 PM
    • 5th Dec 19, 4:00 PM
    You can write to the hospital and request a copy of your notes. You may have to pay a little as it costs them to copy it all.

I think it is highly unlikely and would be very unprofessional for anything adverse to be recorded about you after a complaint and for staff to act differently. What you are noticing is probably the staff being more pressured to deal with more and more work in less time and with less resources. Its not you , it's the NHS under extreme pressure. Just imagine if you had to do twice as much work with less staff and less money ...thats the sort of thing that is happening. Staff don't mean to be rude but it happens when you are running on empty all the time !
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

773Posts Today

6,266Users online

Martin's Twitter