Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • xyz111
    • By xyz111 4th Dec 19, 8:40 AM
    • 116Posts
    • 3Thanks
    xyz111
    kitchenware warranty
    • 4th Dec 19, 8:40 AM
    kitchenware warranty 4th Dec 19 at 8:40 AM
    hi
    i bought a kitchenware from argos less than a year, but more than 6 months ago. it was a branded item and when i recently went in to complain about malfunctioning (not involving accidental damage) they asked me to contact the manufacturer -spoke to manufcturer -with them getting things working may take some times and i am needing the kitchenware on ongoing basis.

i have checked on consumer rights website and i am eligible for either partial refund or replacement. please can someone advise..

thanks..
Page 1
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 4th Dec 19, 9:05 AM
    • 13,571 Posts
    • 6,224 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 4th Dec 19, 9:05 AM
    • 4th Dec 19, 9:05 AM
    After six months they can ask for an independant report .
    You pay for that and claim it back if succesfull .
    • davidmcn
    • By davidmcn 4th Dec 19, 9:37 AM
    • 13,882 Posts
    • 16,079 Thanks
    davidmcn
    • 4th Dec 19, 9:37 AM
    • 4th Dec 19, 9:37 AM
    getting things working may take some times and i am needing the kitchenware on ongoing basis.
    Originally posted by xyz111
    Even if you choose to pursue the retailer, your statutory rights don't include not being inconvenienced while you wait for something to be repaired/replaced.
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 4th Dec 19, 10:24 AM
    • 13,571 Posts
    • 6,224 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 4th Dec 19, 10:24 AM
    • 4th Dec 19, 10:24 AM
    Did the manufacturer give you an indication of fault ??
    That might save a report if Argos accept .
    • xyz111
    • By xyz111 4th Dec 19, 10:44 AM
    • 116 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    xyz111
    • 4th Dec 19, 10:44 AM
    • 4th Dec 19, 10:44 AM
    why would the consumer rights website give me outright of replacement from retailer that I can not use ...
    • xyz111
    • By xyz111 4th Dec 19, 11:38 AM
    • 116 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    xyz111
    • 4th Dec 19, 11:38 AM
    • 4th Dec 19, 11:38 AM
    i checked consumer right website and filled in the info. based on the info which i have already shared, consumer rights website told me, as one of the options, that i was eligible for replacement instantly ..

thanks..
    • davidmcn
    • By davidmcn 4th Dec 19, 11:46 AM
    • 13,882 Posts
    • 16,079 Thanks
    davidmcn
    • 4th Dec 19, 11:46 AM
    • 4th Dec 19, 11:46 AM
    i checked consumer right website and filled in the info. based on the info which i have already shared, consumer rights website told me, as one of the options, that i was eligible for replacement instantly ..
    We don't know what you mean by "consumer right website", but whatever it is, it appears to be giving you faulty information.
    • xyz111
    • By xyz111 4th Dec 19, 11:53 AM
    • 116 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    xyz111
    • 4th Dec 19, 11:53 AM
    • 4th Dec 19, 11:53 AM
    ok I am biting the bullet for now..
    • zoob
    • By zoob 4th Dec 19, 12:02 PM
    • 342 Posts
    • 211 Thanks
    zoob
    • 4th Dec 19, 12:02 PM
    • 4th Dec 19, 12:02 PM
    It would off great help if we new what the kitchenware item was and we could maybe help you better
    Kitchenware item could be a Kettle, knife fork or spoon, pot, mixing bowl, tin opener, chopping board, toaster, oven glove, ladle, salt and pepper set etc
    • born again
    • By born again 4th Dec 19, 4:12 PM
    • 844 Posts
    • 451 Thanks
    born again
    It would off great help if we new what the kitchenware item was and we could maybe help you better
    Kitchenware item could be a Kettle, knife fork or spoon, pot, mixing bowl, tin opener, chopping board, toaster, oven glove, ladle, salt and pepper set etc
    Originally posted by zoob
    Or even a Apron
    • Fosterdog
    • By Fosterdog 5th Dec 19, 7:29 AM
    • 4,380 Posts
    • 7,639 Thanks
    Fosterdog
    You seem to be confusing your options with demands. As it's over six months, firstly they can require you to prove the fault a) exists, and b) is inherent. Secondly once that is done they are required to offer you a remedy, these being a repair, a replacement, or a refund (can be partial to allow for usage), you don't get to choose or demand which remedy is used, it is the retailer who gets to choose. In this case the retailer has opted for repair using the manufacturer as the repair agent, they are not even asking you to prove the fault before offering the remedy. The repair doesn't have to be instant and depending on the nature of the product anything from a few days to several weeks could be a reasonable timescale.

I cook almost everything from scratch and can't think of a single kitchenware item that would cause anything more than minor inconvenience by me not having it for a short time.
    • Keep pedalling
    • By Keep pedalling 5th Dec 19, 8:04 AM
    • 7,220 Posts
    • 8,456 Thanks
    Keep pedalling
    Do you mean a Kitchenaid mixer?
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 5th Dec 19, 8:22 AM
    • 8,337 Posts
    • 8,154 Thanks
    DoaM
    Do you mean a Kitchenaid mixer?
    Originally posted by Keep pedalling
    Good shout. And if true, lack of it for a period is a minor inconvenience (unless the OP has a disability that prevents them from using a bowl and a spoon/fork/whisk).
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • KatrinaWaves
    • By KatrinaWaves 5th Dec 19, 9:23 AM
    • 1,020 Posts
    • 2,144 Thanks
    KatrinaWaves
    Good shout. And if true, lack of it for a period is a minor inconvenience (unless the OP has a disability that prevents them from using a bowl and a spoon/fork/whisk).
    Originally posted by DoaM
    That was also my first thought but then to describe it as 'a branded item' doesnt really make sense when youre using the brand to refer to it?
    • pinkshoes
    • By pinkshoes 5th Dec 19, 12:46 PM
    • 16,769 Posts
    • 23,257 Thanks
    pinkshoes

thanks..
    With faulty items, after 6 months it is up to YOU to prove it was inherently faulty (e.g. fault not due to mis-use).

Your rights are with the retailer, although the manufacturer might offer a solution.

If it is faulty, you are then entitled to a repair, replacement or (partial) refund. The choice is up to the retailer which one they offer.
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,172Posts Today

6,849Users online

Martin's Twitter