Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • QBdoo
    • By QBdoo 4th Dec 19, 9:41 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    QBdoo
    Critical Illness compulsory with Mortgage?
    • 4th Dec 19, 9:41 PM
    Critical Illness compulsory with Mortgage? 4th Dec 19 at 9:41 PM
    I have applied for a mortgage through a broker and wondered whether it is compulsory to take out a critical illness insurance policy along with a mortgage?
    I experienced an MI in 2003 due to an undiagnosed at the time, blood disorder however all has been fine since. I take daily medication and I have had no major issues since.
    If my application for CI is refused will I be refused a mortgage?
Page 1
    • SonOf
    • By SonOf 4th Dec 19, 9:52 PM
    • 1,928 Posts
    • 2,176 Thanks
    SonOf
    • 4th Dec 19, 9:52 PM
    • 4th Dec 19, 9:52 PM
    I have applied for a mortgage through a broker and wondered whether it is compulsory to take out a critical illness insurance policy along with a mortgage?
    No. Never has been. Life assurance used to be mandatory though.
    If my application for CI is refused will I be refused a mortgage?
    no you wont.
    • sal_III
    • By sal_III 5th Dec 19, 12:12 PM
    • 1,694 Posts
    • 1,560 Thanks
    sal_III
    • 5th Dec 19, 12:12 PM
    • 5th Dec 19, 12:12 PM
    It's not compulsory as far as Lenders are concerned.

But some mortgage brokers that are not charging fee for the mortgage, might require you to take LI/CIC through them, to make it worth while for them.

The more important question is, how much are you willing to risk it, not having insurance with your medical history
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,138Posts Today

6,724Users online

Martin's Twitter