Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tahirakhan
    • By tahirakhan 4th Dec 19, 10:55 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    tahirakhan
    Income support
    • 4th Dec 19, 10:55 PM
    Income support 4th Dec 19 at 10:55 PM
    I am a lone parent and on income support from 1 year and i had to give an exam after alot of savings (this exam can help me find a good job if i pass ) so i had this exam in london hence i had to travel from my city to London and just found out in mail that i have a work focused meeting very next day ! I called them to say to change the date as i cant come over as my exam is really important they changed the date and said my coach might contact me ! Its been a day and I haven't got a call what should I expect from them ? And how much would they reduce from my pay? As i am away from my home in another city i wont even be able to get the mail and my aunt who lives there would have to get it
Page 1
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 5th Dec 19, 6:23 AM
    • 6,263 Posts
    • 5,781 Thanks
    poppy12345
    • 5th Dec 19, 6:23 AM
    • 5th Dec 19, 6:23 AM
    I called them to say to change the date as i cant come over as my exam is really important they changed the date and said my coach might contact me ! Its been a day and I haven't got a call what should I expect from them ? And how much would they reduce from my pay?
    Originally posted by tahirakhan
    You said they changed the appointment to the following day, is that correct? If it is then they won't reduce your money providing you attend that appointment. You were also told that you might be called, this doesn't mean you will be called.
    • TBagpuss
    • By TBagpuss 5th Dec 19, 11:31 AM
    • 7,704 Posts
    • 10,008 Thanks
    TBagpuss
    • 5th Dec 19, 11:31 AM
    • 5th Dec 19, 11:31 AM
    So, thye have changed the date of the meeting - they may or may not call but as they have already told you that the meeting has been moved, so you are able to go to sit your exam, it doesn't sound as though the call is essential. I'm guessing that they might call if they wanted more information about the exam, or the reason you had asked to change the meeting time.

Or are you saying that you were planning to spend morethan one day away from home so don't want to have to be back for the meeting even though it is now on a differnt day to your exam?

If that is the case, then you will need to contact them gain, but they may be much less willing to make a further change, unless you live somewhere so remote thatit would be unrealisticv to expect you to be able to get hom the evening of the exam so you were available the following day.
    All posts are my personal opinion, not formal advice Always get proper, professional advice (particularly about anything legal!)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

954Posts Today

6,759Users online

Martin's Twitter