Income support

Options
I am a lone parent and on income support from 1 year and i had to give an exam after alot of savings (this exam can help me find a good job if i pass ) so i had this exam in london hence i had to travel from my city to London and just found out in mail that i have a work focused meeting very next day ! I called them to say to change the date as i cant come over as my exam is really important they changed the date and said my coach might contact me ! Its been a day and I haven't got a call what should I expect from them ? And how much would they reduce from my pay? As i am away from my home in another city i wont even be able to get the mail and my aunt who lives there would have to get it

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,950 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    tahirakhan wrote: »
    I called them to say to change the date as i cant come over as my exam is really important they changed the date and said my coach might contact me ! Its been a day and I haven't got a call what should I expect from them ? And how much would they reduce from my pay?
    You said they changed the appointment to the following day, is that correct? If it is then they won't reduce your money providing you attend that appointment. You were also told that you might be called, this doesn't mean you will be called.
  • TBagpuss
    TBagpuss Posts: 11,203 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    So, thye have changed the date of the meeting - they may or may not call but as they have already told you that the meeting has been moved, so you are able to go to sit your exam, it doesn't sound as though the call is essential. I'm guessing that they might call if they wanted more information about the exam, or the reason you had asked to change the meeting time.

Or are you saying that you were planning to spend morethan one day away from home so don't want to have to be back for the meeting even though it is now on a differnt day to your exam?

If that is the case, then you will need to contact them gain, but they may be much less willing to make a further change, unless you live somewhere so remote thatit would be unrealisticv to expect you to be able to get hom the evening of the exam so you were available the following day.
    All posts are my personal opinion, not formal advice Always get proper, professional advice (particularly about anything legal!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure