Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • natmb84
    • By natmb84 4th Dec 19, 6:28 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    natmb84
    Problems with admiral
    • 4th Dec 19, 6:28 PM
    Problems with admiral 4th Dec 19 at 6:28 PM
    Hi,

Can anyone help me out.
    17/03/19 I had a car accident. My car was written off by a car leaving a junction, I was on the main road. Both the junction and the main road I was travelling on, was traffic light controlled. The driver and I both said the other person had run a red light and without independent witnesses it was my word against his.

Admiral came to me with an offer to settle 50/50 on 2/10/19 and on the advice of my solicitors I accepted not only because of that advice but because my insurance is due to renew on 5/01/20, I am also trying to claim damages back including £450 excess although I accept I will only get half back now. It is now 8 weeks later and I havenít heard anything from Admiral and they havenít responded to my solicitor. They are basically making my life a misery because itís all worry about i am on a tight budget and with the claim not settled my insurance will go up by £600.
    Admiral are being most unhelpful. Has anyone else experienced anything similar?
Page 1
    • Morph4610
    • By Morph4610 5th Dec 19, 8:18 AM
    • 135 Posts
    • 44 Thanks
    Morph4610
    • 5th Dec 19, 8:18 AM
    • 5th Dec 19, 8:18 AM
    Morning Nat, why do you think your renewal price will be cheaper if the claim is settled. Has Admiral given you 2 prices? With the claim being a 50/50 one I'm afraid this is likely to count against you whether it's settled or not
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,019Posts Today

6,528Users online

Martin's Twitter