Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

    • katy123
    • By katy123 4th Dec 19, 4:19 PM
    • 300Posts
    • 8Thanks
    Charity donations via company
    • #1
    • 4th Dec 19, 4:19 PM
    Charity donations via company 4th Dec 19 at 4:19 PM
    Hi All

    We are a ltd company and have previously BACS funds from company bank account directly to charities bank account. There is a charity raising funds but only mentioned cash as donations. Is it possible to pay the cash and how would we do it in practice for it to remain an allowable company expense?

    1. withdraw cash from the company account via ATM?
    2. pay cash personally and add it as directors loan?

    Last edited by katy123; 04-12-2019 at 4:34 PM.
Page 1
    • Savvy_Sue
    • By Savvy_Sue 4th Dec 19, 7:07 PM
    • 40,293 Posts
    • 37,740 Thanks
    • #2
    • 4th Dec 19, 7:07 PM
    • #2
    • 4th Dec 19, 7:07 PM
    3. Contact the charity and ask if they can accept a BACS donation - to be honest I'd be VERY wary of a charity where this was not possible ...
    Still knitting!
    Completed: TWO adult cardigans, 3 baby jumpers, 3 shawls, 1 sweat band, 3 pairs baby bootees, 2 sets of handwarmers, 1 Wise Man Knitivity figure + 1 sheep, 2 pairs socks, 3 balaclavas, multiple hats and poppies, 3 peony flowers, 4 butterflies ...
    Current projects: pink balaclava (for myself), seaman's hat, about to start another cardigan!
    • 00ec25
    • By 00ec25 4th Dec 19, 10:55 PM
    • 8,758 Posts
    • 8,679 Thanks
    • #3
    • 4th Dec 19, 10:55 PM
    • #3
    • 4th Dec 19, 10:55 PM
    second the above comment

    but also you cannot pay via DLA .
    A corporate donation MUST come direct from the company, not via its employees, otherwise corp tax relief cannot be claimed since it is employee money, not company money.

    if sitting in the DLA then declare on your personal tax return and gift aid it as an individual
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

954Posts Today

6,759Users online

Martin's Twitter