Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Snrub86
    • By Snrub86 4th Dec 19, 6:11 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Snrub86
    Wowcher Mystery Holiday Refund Query
    • 4th Dec 19, 6:11 PM
    Wowcher Mystery Holiday Refund Query 4th Dec 19 at 6:11 PM
    Hello!

I purchased a mystery holiday deal through wowcher for £99 back in June. I have had booked for the start of January but was called today by weekender breaks to inform me that my flight was now cancelled (not entirely sure it existed in the first place). They were unable to find alternatives, so offered a full refund and asked me to approach wowcher for the voucher refund.

If anybody has been in this situation before, is it possible to get a cash refund? It states any refunds over 14 days (on unwanted items) get credit but I signed up purely to get the holiday deal and have no interest in £200 of credit for wowcher.
Page 1
    • born again
    • By born again 4th Dec 19, 7:32 PM
    • 844 Posts
    • 451 Thanks
    born again
    • 4th Dec 19, 7:32 PM
    • 4th Dec 19, 7:32 PM
    Surely weekender should be refunding the £99 back to you. As they will have got that money from Wowcher.
    • pinkshoes
    • By pinkshoes 4th Dec 19, 8:55 PM
    • 16,769 Posts
    • 23,257 Thanks
    pinkshoes
    • 4th Dec 19, 8:55 PM
    • 4th Dec 19, 8:55 PM
    Hello!

I purchased a mystery holiday deal through wowcher for £99 back in June. I have had booked for the start of January but was called today by weekender breaks to inform me that my flight was now cancelled (not entirely sure it existed in the first place). They were unable to find alternatives, so offered a full refund and asked me to approach wowcher for the voucher refund.

If anybody has been in this situation before, is it possible to get a cash refund? It states any refunds over 14 days (on unwanted items) get credit but I signed up purely to get the holiday deal and have no interest in £200 of credit for wowcher.
    Originally posted by Snrub86
    Your contract is with Wowcher.

As they sold you something that did not exist, they need to refund your original payment method. Do NOT let them fob you off with a voucher!!
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
    • mattyprice4004
    • By mattyprice4004 4th Dec 19, 9:44 PM
    • 4,280 Posts
    • 3,958 Thanks
    mattyprice4004
    • 4th Dec 19, 9:44 PM
    • 4th Dec 19, 9:44 PM
    Surely weekender should be refunding the £99 back to you. As they will have got that money from Wowcher.
    Originally posted by born again
    Wowcher take a cut, so they wouldn’t get £99 - that’s how Wowcher make their money.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,172Posts Today

6,849Users online

Martin's Twitter