Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • TheScarletPixie
    • By TheScarletPixie 4th Dec 19, 5:16 PM
    • 43Posts
    • 270Thanks
    TheScarletPixie
    Faulty Item Partial Refund?
    • 4th Dec 19, 5:16 PM
    Faulty Item Partial Refund? 4th Dec 19 at 5:16 PM
    I'm looking for some help please, I purchased an item back in June this year online, it was faulty. I contacted the company and they sent a replacement, it was faulty too. I said I may be able to get the item repaired if they were prepared to offer a significant discount. I remember getting a full refund and didn't hear anything else about it, I assumed for the inconvenience and the fact that they would have had to collect the faulty items in addition to sending me yet another decided to refund in full.

I've just received an email saying they made a mistake it should have been a 50% refund and they want me to pay them. I have nothing in writing either way stating the amount of refund, what should I do? Thank you.
Page 1
    • Mishomeister
    • By Mishomeister 4th Dec 19, 8:57 PM
    • 876 Posts
    • 203 Thanks
    Mishomeister
    • 4th Dec 19, 8:57 PM
    • 4th Dec 19, 8:57 PM
    So did they repair it at all or not? It they have't then tell them as they have never collected the item from you but made a full refund you hwve dusposed if it.

If they have repaired it you either agree for them to take 50% if you or tell them that 50% is not enough and they can come and collect the item at convenient for you time
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

801Posts Today

6,619Users online

Martin's Twitter