Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Phil54321
    • By Phil54321 3rd Dec 19, 5:54 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 3Thanks
    Phil54321
    ES parking Gladstone's court threat
    • 3rd Dec 19, 5:54 PM
    ES parking Gladstone's court threat 3rd Dec 19 at 5:54 PM
    Hi I am new to this forum, hoping someone can offer some advice. I received a letter from ES Parking limited On 02/09/2019 saying that they had sent a previous letter about a parking fine and that this was now a final demand for£125 and that my time for appeal had expired. This was the first letter I have received from them, I never received the initial letter. I responded straight away with a template letter that I adapted, disputing the charge and asking them to provide evidence and details of why the charge was issued. I then received an email from Gladstone's solicitors with a bundle of photos and a copy of the original letter which I never received, now requesting £160 or they will take me to court. The photos show I stayed 19 minutes in a car park that is advertised as 90 minutes free parking. But in the terms and conditions (on various signs) it says that the car owner must stay on site, and they have photos showing me leaving what they say is the perimeter of the site. Basically I went to the sandwich shop right next to the place. Can anyone help? Have I got a chance or should I just accept that I've been scammed and pay up? Any help much appreciated, thanks.
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 3rd Dec 19, 6:14 PM
    • 26,044 Posts
    • 42,361 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 3rd Dec 19, 6:14 PM
    • 3rd Dec 19, 6:14 PM
    To whom does the Gladstones letter tell you to pay?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day;
    show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Phil54321
    • By Phil54321 3rd Dec 19, 7:04 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Phil54321
    • 3rd Dec 19, 7:04 PM
    • 3rd Dec 19, 7:04 PM
    Hi it says to pay Gladstone's either via their website or by bank transfer
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 3rd Dec 19, 7:19 PM
    • 12,952 Posts
    • 18,273 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 3rd Dec 19, 7:19 PM
    • 3rd Dec 19, 7:19 PM
    I then received an email from Gladstone's solicitors with a bundle of photos and a copy of the original letter which I never received, now requesting £160 or they will take me to court. The photos show I stayed 19 minutes in a car park that is advertised as 90 minutes free parking. But in the terms and conditions (on various signs) it says that the car owner must stay on site, and they have photos showing me leaving what they say is the perimeter of the site.

Are these terms in clear view that can easily be seen ?

Gladstones are still in their scam mode and practice ABUSE OF PROCESS by adding a fake £60

READ ABOUT ABUSE OF PROCESS
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=6014081

... and why the judges are kicking these fakers out of court
    GLADSTONES ARE FAKERS.

So depending on who they are asking you to pay, if it's Gladstones direct, then ask them on what authority they have to add £60 and let's see what rubbish they come back with
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Phil54321
    • By Phil54321 3rd Dec 19, 8:02 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Phil54321
    • 3rd Dec 19, 8:02 PM
    • 3rd Dec 19, 8:02 PM
    Thanks for the quick response. I have had a read about the abuse of process as you suggested and it is a good point I could try to use in my defense. The initial letter (the one I never received) was to pay ES Parking £100, reduced to £60 for prompt payment. The first letter I received from them was the final demand for £125. I disputed this, then the next letter was the Gladstone's one, demanding £160. So Gladstone's have added £35. Reading the thread you posted suggests the £100 limit from the supreme court ruling includes the cost of recovery. If Gladstone's incur additional costs then that is to be agreed via the SCC, which is why it is abuse of process to ask for £160 at this stage - is my understand correct? What a scam! It's appalling that these fraudsters are allowed to operate.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 3rd Dec 19, 8:33 PM
    • 12,952 Posts
    • 18,273 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 3rd Dec 19, 8:33 PM
    • 3rd Dec 19, 8:33 PM
    Thanks for the quick response. I have had a read about the abuse of process as you suggested and it is a good point I could try to use in my defense. The initial letter (the one I never received) was to pay ES Parking £100, reduced to £60 for prompt payment. The first letter I received from them was the final demand for £125. I disputed this, then the next letter was the Gladstone's one, demanding £160. So Gladstone's have added £35. Reading the thread you posted suggests the £100 limit from the supreme court ruling includes the cost of recovery. If Gladstone's incur additional costs then that is to be agreed via the SCC, which is why it is abuse of process to ask for £160 at this stage - is my understand correct? What a scam! It's appalling that these fraudsters are allowed to operate.
    Originally posted by Phil54321
    The Supreme Court actually said that £85 was a fair charge also saying that includes all costs in collecting the charge.
    It's the PPC's and their ATA's who have increased it.

Of course it's a scam and that is why it is important to ask Gladstones on what authority they have to add £60.
    Responses we have seen so far are meaningless and against the law of POFA2012
    It is very important to draw them out on this
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 4th Dec 19, 2:15 AM
    • 79,154 Posts
    • 93,009 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 4th Dec 19, 2:15 AM
    • 4th Dec 19, 2:15 AM
    and they have photos showing me leaving what they say is the perimeter of the site.
    Same advice as here, once you get your claim:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=6068822

Have you emailed a SAR to the Parking firm (not Glastones)?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • Phil54321
    • By Phil54321 4th Dec 19, 8:39 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Phil54321
    • 4th Dec 19, 8:39 PM
    • 4th Dec 19, 8:39 PM
    Hi I have emailed Gladstones like beamerguy suggested to ask what authority they have to charge an additional £60. Not had any response yet, I'll update when/if I do.
    Have you emailed a SAR to the Parking firm (not Glastones)?
    Hi yes I emailed a SAR letter to ESP and then again to Gladstone's. ESP didn't respond directly, Gladstones responded on their behalf. They have provided a bundle with photos, site map with location of signs etc. I'll take my own photos I think next time I'm passing. Thanks again to everyone for the help ��
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

997Posts Today

6,562Users online

Martin's Twitter