Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • A_Star
    • By A_Star 4th Dec 19, 8:21 AM
    • 317Posts
    • 3,651Thanks
    A_Star
    Non-profit club accounting software
    • 4th Dec 19, 8:21 AM
    Non-profit club accounting software 4th Dec 19 at 8:21 AM
    I am treasurer for a scout group and Iím looking for a web based accounting software. I need to be able to process membership fees, activity payments and expenses to various people. Can anyone recommend something?
Page 1
    • Pennywise
    • By Pennywise 4th Dec 19, 8:42 AM
    • 12,362 Posts
    • 24,661 Thanks
    Pennywise
    • 4th Dec 19, 8:42 AM
    • 4th Dec 19, 8:42 AM
    Are you just wanting something to passively/retrospectively record transactions which have already happened or are you wanting something proactive that will do things like create invoices/reminders/renewals, track monies owed to/from your group, etc??

For the former, I'd suggest the free cash book from VTsoftware, but if the latter, you'd need to google for a suitable club/society specific software which works more on a database to produce membership lists etc - I'm thinking more of plenty of smallscale systems where someone has written their own for their own organisation and then decided to offer it to other similar groups for usually nominal cost rather than professional ones that are usually expensive and aimed at much bigger membership organisations.

It really does depend exactly on what you want it to do. If your group is small enough, then a simple home made spreadsheet would probably do the job!
    • 00ec25
    • By 00ec25 4th Dec 19, 1:53 PM
    • 8,758 Posts
    • 8,679 Thanks
    00ec25
    • 4th Dec 19, 1:53 PM
    • 4th Dec 19, 1:53 PM
    there are no treasurers in our district that use anything other than a spreadsheet. For the standard of records required by district you don't really need much else, as "proper" accounts are districts' problem, not a group level matter

making sure the bank account can be downloaded as a csv is the real time saver
    • Savvy_Sue
    • By Savvy_Sue 4th Dec 19, 7:08 PM
    • 40,293 Posts
    • 37,740 Thanks
    Savvy_Sue
    • 4th Dec 19, 7:08 PM
    • 4th Dec 19, 7:08 PM
    there are no treasurers in our district that use anything other than a spreadsheet. For the standard of records required by district you don't really need much else, as "proper" accounts are districts' problem, not a group level matter

making sure the bank account can be downloaded as a csv is the real time saver
    Originally posted by 00ec25
    I was going to suggest asking around to see what other groups / Scout HQ might recommend.
    Still knitting!
    Completed: TWO adult cardigans, 3 baby jumpers, 3 shawls, 1 sweat band, 3 pairs baby bootees, 2 sets of handwarmers, 1 Wise Man Knitivity figure + 1 sheep, 2 pairs socks, 3 balaclavas, multiple hats and poppies, 3 peony flowers, 4 butterflies ...
    Current projects: pink balaclava (for myself), seaman's hat, about to start another cardigan!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,116Posts Today

6,765Users online

Martin's Twitter