Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • inyaendo
    • By inyaendo 3rd Dec 19, 7:09 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    inyaendo
    POPLA appeal - parking in England, living in Scotland
    • 3rd Dec 19, 7:09 PM
    POPLA appeal - parking in England, living in Scotland 3rd Dec 19 at 7:09 PM
    Can I please confirm the best thing to do now regarding my POPLA appeal with Parking Eye?
    I need to respond to the evidence within a week (by tomorrow!)
    I overstayed the 2 hours at a motorway services because I needed to sleep. I've stated that although the keeper of the car I may not have been the driver at the time. I've also argued that the signs are not noticeable enough in the dark (their evidence shows no night-time views) and that motorway services shouldn't have these fines.
    Parking Eye traced me to my new address in Scotland through a credit agency. I knew nothing of the fine until 2 months after the event. DVLA have my updated address now but obviously gave Parking Eye my old address.
    My belief is that PE had no right to track me down through a credit agency according to the Protection of Freedoms Act. Is that correct? Can I still argue that I didn't receive the notice within 14 days?
    I know that keeper liability rules are different for parking charges given in Scotland, but where do I stand if the parking charge was in England but I am now a Scottish resident?
    Any advice on how to word my Popla appeal would be much appreciated!
    Many thanks.
    Last edited by inyaendo; 03-12-2019 at 7:26 PM. Reason: make it clearer
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 4th Dec 19, 2:25 AM
    • 79,154 Posts
    • 93,009 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 4th Dec 19, 2:25 AM
    • 4th Dec 19, 2:25 AM
    Any advice on how to word my Popla appeal would be much appreciated!
    Too late if you are already at comments stage, you already appealed and can't change it:
    I need to respond to the evidence within a week (by tomorrow!)
    It's never a week, it's six days then the comments window closes.

My belief is that PE had no right to track me down through a credit agency according to the Protection of Freedoms Act. Is that correct?
    No.
    Can I still argue that I didn't receive the notice within 14 days?
    Not if you didn't put that in your POPLA appeal.

What did you put?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • inyaendo
    • By inyaendo 4th Dec 19, 2:39 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    inyaendo
    • 4th Dec 19, 2:39 PM
    • 4th Dec 19, 2:39 PM
    I put that I don't recall who was driving my car at the time and that I was not informed of the incident until 2 months later.
    I added a complaint about the imposition of the charges at service stations being dangerous practice for tired drivers, and the lack of clarity of the signs.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 4th Dec 19, 3:28 PM
    • 79,154 Posts
    • 93,009 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 4th Dec 19, 3:28 PM
    • 4th Dec 19, 3:28 PM
    So if the appeal comments window IS still open, do it nOW.

Remind POPLA that the PCN arrived too late and that the driver has never been identified, so they cannot hold you liable and the PCN was not properly given.

Then a brief comment re the signage evidence, without implying who parked.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • inyaendo
    • By inyaendo 4th Dec 19, 7:01 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    inyaendo
    • 4th Dec 19, 7:01 PM
    • 4th Dec 19, 7:01 PM
    I've done as you suggested. Many thanks for your help.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

801Posts Today

6,619Users online

Martin's Twitter