Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • SaveyMcSaveface
    • By SaveyMcSaveface 4th Dec 19, 4:28 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 0Thanks
    SaveyMcSaveface
    Refund under warranty
    • 4th Dec 19, 4:28 PM
    Refund under warranty 4th Dec 19 at 4:28 PM
    Hello,

I have recently been dealing with the return of a Google product under warranty (around 10 months into a 24 month warranty). They have told me that they cannot send a replacement but will issue a refund of the original payment. This I am OK with.

This whole process started back in August, it took them a full month to manage to get me a returns label, I sent the product and they received it shortly after (and have confirmed this receipt). I have now spent a little over 3 months chasing up the refund which they have still not issued only to be told they are having issues and escalating it to another team and will get back to me, they never get back to me I have to chase them up again and again. This has become beyond a joke now.

What I am wondering is that when it is in a warranty situation like this what are the consumer rights in relation to refunds. Are they going against my rights in taking so long to issue this refund?

I am intending to make a claim under Section 75 on my credit card for this refund soon since it has gone on for so long.

Thanks in advance for any information.
Page 1
    • bris
    • By bris 4th Dec 19, 4:39 PM
    • 8,934 Posts
    • 7,844 Thanks
    bris
    • 4th Dec 19, 4:39 PM
    • 4th Dec 19, 4:39 PM
    just get the CC involved now. As long as the product was over 100 then just send them all the correspondence you have regarding the refund as proof then they will refund you right away.

No point wasting any more time.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,019Posts Today

6,528Users online

Martin's Twitter